Tuesday, June 25, 2013
What contrast and irony! Nelson Mandela dying in peace at home on his way to heaven while Edward Snowden is fleeing in terror from home to Cuba or Venezuela or — who cares?
Gorge Owned is currently seeking homeowners in Hood River and Mosier to participate in the 12th annual Gorge Green Home Tour, set for Saturday, Oct. 5. If you own a home with “green” attributes and are interested in participating, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gorge Owned (GO!) is a member-supported organization with a mission to strengthen connections between the people, natural environment and economy of the Columbia Gorge.
GO! currently has more than 130 individual and business members.
Membership and communications director, Gorge Owned (GO!)
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Elks’ Oktoberfest returns Sept. 23
- Roots and Branches: There is no masking care
- YESTERYEARS: Odell Sanitation District opens bids for new plant in 1967
- Wy’east class of ’67 celebrates 50-year reunion
- Foster Parenting: Simple answers to a challenging task
- Success is one caring adult away
- Pet of the Week: Bojangles looking for an active family
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 20 edition
- ‘Overwhelming enthusiasm’: Community comes together for firefighters
- Parkhurst Place plans ‘thank you’ this week for fire first responders
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge