Tuesday, June 25, 2013
What contrast and irony! Nelson Mandela dying in peace at home on his way to heaven while Edward Snowden is fleeing in terror from home to Cuba or Venezuela or — who cares?
Gorge Owned is currently seeking homeowners in Hood River and Mosier to participate in the 12th annual Gorge Green Home Tour, set for Saturday, Oct. 5. If you own a home with “green” attributes and are interested in participating, please send an email to email@example.com.
Gorge Owned (GO!) is a member-supported organization with a mission to strengthen connections between the people, natural environment and economy of the Columbia Gorge.
GO! currently has more than 130 individual and business members.
Membership and communications director, Gorge Owned (GO!)
More like this story
- Library Foundation issues a fundraising challenge now through June 30
- Public records, marriage permits, May 2016
- Look for a full First Friday on June 3
- Entertainment Update for June 1
- Letters to the Editor for May 28
- Mercado del Valle opens June 2 in new location
- Marble and Shepherd are Elks Students of the Month for May
- Riverside UCC votes for fossil fuel divestment
- Sheriff Log, May 15 to 22
- Community Baby Shower June 4
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge