Tuesday, June 25, 2013
What contrast and irony! Nelson Mandela dying in peace at home on his way to heaven while Edward Snowden is fleeing in terror from home to Cuba or Venezuela or — who cares?
Gorge Owned is currently seeking homeowners in Hood River and Mosier to participate in the 12th annual Gorge Green Home Tour, set for Saturday, Oct. 5. If you own a home with “green” attributes and are interested in participating, please send an email to email@example.com.
Gorge Owned (GO!) is a member-supported organization with a mission to strengthen connections between the people, natural environment and economy of the Columbia Gorge.
GO! currently has more than 130 individual and business members.
Membership and communications director, Gorge Owned (GO!)
More like this story
- Hood River County Reads celebrates its 10th anniversary — 11 years in
- Little free library idea
- Art of Community adds Soderberg-Greene work
- Bike Buddies reports successful weekend event
- Lion King Jr. comes to Wy'east Middle School
- YESTERYEARS: New skate park in planning stages in 1996
- Aubree Olmstead heads Columbia Basin facility
- Heart of Hospice notes Volunteer Appreciation Week
- County sets temporary rules on marijuana grows
- Puff Factory to break ground in Odell
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge