Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Edward “Eddie” Riddell Lage, 76, passed away Sunday, June 23, 2013, at Providence Brookside Manor in Hood River, Ore. Eddie was born July 28, 1936, in Hood River to Edward Riddell Sr. and Mary Athalie (Miller) Lage.
A service to celebrate Eddie’s life and mourn his passing is planned for 1 p.m. Friday, June 28, at Hood River Valley Christian Church, 975 Indian Creek Road, Hood River. Interment will be at the Pine Grove Butte Cemetery.
Memorials are encouraged in Eddie’s name to one of the following charities: Boy Scout Troop #282 or #378, Pine Grove Fire Department or Dogs for the Deaf, and sent in care of Anderson’s Tribute Center, 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031. Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
Anna Mae 'Betty' Waterman
Anna Mae “Betty” Waterman, 97, passed away Saturday, June 22, 2013, at the Hood River Care Center. She was born Dec. 5, 1915.
Services are planned for 2 p.m. Saturday, June 29, at Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
More like this story
- Late night total bridge closure Tuesday, Oct. 24
- Photos from the Oct. 18 Underwood Fruit fire
- Death notice for Oct. 21 edition: Marc Wixman
- Service announcements for Oct. 21 edition: George Watanabe, Heidi Hansberger and Harrison Peters
- Fire burns Underwood Fruit & Warehouse Wednesday
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge