Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Edward “Eddie” Riddell Lage, 76, passed away Sunday, June 23, 2013, at Providence Brookside Manor in Hood River, Ore. Eddie was born July 28, 1936, in Hood River to Edward Riddell Sr. and Mary Athalie (Miller) Lage.
A service to celebrate Eddie’s life and mourn his passing is planned for 1 p.m. Friday, June 28, at Hood River Valley Christian Church, 975 Indian Creek Road, Hood River. Interment will be at the Pine Grove Butte Cemetery.
Memorials are encouraged in Eddie’s name to one of the following charities: Boy Scout Troop #282 or #378, Pine Grove Fire Department or Dogs for the Deaf, and sent in care of Anderson’s Tribute Center, 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031. Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
Anna Mae 'Betty' Waterman
Anna Mae “Betty” Waterman, 97, passed away Saturday, June 22, 2013, at the Hood River Care Center. She was born Dec. 5, 1915.
Services are planned for 2 p.m. Saturday, June 29, at Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge