Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Edward “Eddie” Riddell Lage, 76, passed away Sunday, June 23, 2013, at Providence Brookside Manor in Hood River, Ore. Eddie was born July 28, 1936, in Hood River to Edward Riddell Sr. and Mary Athalie (Miller) Lage.
A service to celebrate Eddie’s life and mourn his passing is planned for 1 p.m. Friday, June 28, at Hood River Valley Christian Church, 975 Indian Creek Road, Hood River. Interment will be at the Pine Grove Butte Cemetery.
Memorials are encouraged in Eddie’s name to one of the following charities: Boy Scout Troop #282 or #378, Pine Grove Fire Department or Dogs for the Deaf, and sent in care of Anderson’s Tribute Center, 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031. Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
Anna Mae 'Betty' Waterman
Anna Mae “Betty” Waterman, 97, passed away Saturday, June 22, 2013, at the Hood River Care Center. She was born Dec. 5, 1915.
Services are planned for 2 p.m. Saturday, June 29, at Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge