Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Volunteers are needed by the Start Making A Reader Today literacy program in Hood River County.
The Westside Elementary School and the Pine Grove Head Start SMART programs are in need of site coordinators for the 2013-2014 school year.
The Head Start programs are new to Hood River County SMART. Call Seid at 971/634-1614 or email her at email@example.com
Coordinators’ primary tasks are to work directly with the staff at the program site, schedule and help recruit volunteer readers, to be present during reading times, and keep records and place orders for books.
Readers spend a half-hour with youngsters in grades K-3, and the students get to take home two books of their own each month.
Volunteer readers are needed for one-hour weekly sessions at all sites. Call Seid for details.
More like this story
- Service announcements for Oct. 3
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge