Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Volunteers are needed by the Start Making A Reader Today literacy program in Hood River County.
The Westside Elementary School and the Pine Grove Head Start SMART programs are in need of site coordinators for the 2013-2014 school year.
The Head Start programs are new to Hood River County SMART. Call Seid at 971/634-1614 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Coordinators’ primary tasks are to work directly with the staff at the program site, schedule and help recruit volunteer readers, to be present during reading times, and keep records and place orders for books.
Readers spend a half-hour with youngsters in grades K-3, and the students get to take home two books of their own each month.
Volunteer readers are needed for one-hour weekly sessions at all sites. Call Seid for details.
More like this story
- Parkdale Pumpkin parade, fun run Oct. 29
- HR artist crafts White Salmon sign
- Three appeals filed on UP’s Mosier track project
- Search suspended for west Gorge hiker
- Yesteryears: Trailer-house colony plan to ease housing shortage abandoned in 1946
- Police Log, Oct. 1 to 8
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 26
- ‘Remember Minoru’: Hood River community honors a civil rights hero
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 26
- The Ale List: pFriem ranks tops in Oregonian brewery list
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge