Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Volunteers are needed by the Start Making A Reader Today literacy program in Hood River County.
The Westside Elementary School and the Pine Grove Head Start SMART programs are in need of site coordinators for the 2013-2014 school year.
The Head Start programs are new to Hood River County SMART. Call Seid at 971/634-1614 or email her at email@example.com
Coordinators’ primary tasks are to work directly with the staff at the program site, schedule and help recruit volunteer readers, to be present during reading times, and keep records and place orders for books.
Readers spend a half-hour with youngsters in grades K-3, and the students get to take home two books of their own each month.
Volunteer readers are needed for one-hour weekly sessions at all sites. Call Seid for details.
More like this story
- Aporkalypse: Bacon contest fattens coffers at Helping Hands
- The Ale List: ‘Zwickelmania’ returns, Full Sail taps Wheatwine
- YESTERYEARS: DaKine, Pro Motion relocating to Hood River in 1986
- Cascade Observations: Sweetness of Winter
- Parenting program starts in Cascade Locks
- Second Saturday will be all about pilots
- Five Gorge wines earn medals
- Revenue steps up fraud, identity theft prevention
- Father of the Bride
- City, county support affordable housing bill