Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Volunteers are needed by the Start Making A Reader Today literacy program in Hood River County.
The Westside Elementary School and the Pine Grove Head Start SMART programs are in need of site coordinators for the 2013-2014 school year.
The Head Start programs are new to Hood River County SMART. Call Seid at 971/634-1614 or email her at email@example.com
Coordinators’ primary tasks are to work directly with the staff at the program site, schedule and help recruit volunteer readers, to be present during reading times, and keep records and place orders for books.
Readers spend a half-hour with youngsters in grades K-3, and the students get to take home two books of their own each month.
Volunteer readers are needed for one-hour weekly sessions at all sites. Call Seid for details.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge