Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Volunteers are needed by the Start Making A Reader Today literacy program in Hood River County.
The Westside Elementary School and the Pine Grove Head Start SMART programs are in need of site coordinators for the 2013-2014 school year.
The Head Start programs are new to Hood River County SMART. Call Seid at 971/634-1614 or email her at email@example.com
Coordinators’ primary tasks are to work directly with the staff at the program site, schedule and help recruit volunteer readers, to be present during reading times, and keep records and place orders for books.
Readers spend a half-hour with youngsters in grades K-3, and the students get to take home two books of their own each month.
Volunteer readers are needed for one-hour weekly sessions at all sites. Call Seid for details.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Gorge Owned presents ‘Glacier Caves of the Pacific Northwest’
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge