Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Katie Tolbert of Horizon Christian School has joined the Big Sky Conference team in the Oregon Basketball Coaches Association Senior All-Stars series, which competes this weekend at Sisters High School.
Tolbert and her fellow all-stars are practicing for the tournament this week in Condon.
“It’s really cool; I get to play with all these other talented players across the state,” Tolbert said. “And it will be nice to play on the same team with some of my former competitors. I’m glad we’re on the same side.”
Tolbert, a 2013 graduate and Most Valuable Player on the Hawks 2012-13 squad, earned Honorable Mention in the Class 1A Big Sky Conference. She was a late selection to the all-star team, joining it last week after two other players dropped out.
The teams are composed of outstanding senior players from Oregon’s 1A OSAA division, and chosen from each league’s All-Star selections. The focus of the Senior All-Star Series is the players, according to the OCBA website. There will be four girls teams and four boys teams, competing in the two-day event.
More like this story
- Parkdale Pumpkin parade, fun run Oct. 29
- HR artist crafts White Salmon sign
- Three appeals filed on UP’s Mosier track project
- Search suspended for west Gorge hiker
- Yesteryears: Trailer-house colony plan to ease housing shortage abandoned in 1946
- Police Log, Oct. 1 to 8
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 26
- ‘Remember Minoru’: Hood River community honors a civil rights hero
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 26
- The Ale List: pFriem ranks tops in Oregonian brewery list
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge