Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Katie Tolbert of Horizon Christian School has joined the Big Sky Conference team in the Oregon Basketball Coaches Association Senior All-Stars series, which competes this weekend at Sisters High School.
Tolbert and her fellow all-stars are practicing for the tournament this week in Condon.
“It’s really cool; I get to play with all these other talented players across the state,” Tolbert said. “And it will be nice to play on the same team with some of my former competitors. I’m glad we’re on the same side.”
Tolbert, a 2013 graduate and Most Valuable Player on the Hawks 2012-13 squad, earned Honorable Mention in the Class 1A Big Sky Conference. She was a late selection to the all-star team, joining it last week after two other players dropped out.
The teams are composed of outstanding senior players from Oregon’s 1A OSAA division, and chosen from each league’s All-Star selections. The focus of the Senior All-Star Series is the players, according to the OCBA website. There will be four girls teams and four boys teams, competing in the two-day event.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
- Fire season is here: enjoy yourself, safely and legally
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge