Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Katie Tolbert of Horizon Christian School has joined the Big Sky Conference team in the Oregon Basketball Coaches Association Senior All-Stars series, which competes this weekend at Sisters High School.
Tolbert and her fellow all-stars are practicing for the tournament this week in Condon.
“It’s really cool; I get to play with all these other talented players across the state,” Tolbert said. “And it will be nice to play on the same team with some of my former competitors. I’m glad we’re on the same side.”
Tolbert, a 2013 graduate and Most Valuable Player on the Hawks 2012-13 squad, earned Honorable Mention in the Class 1A Big Sky Conference. She was a late selection to the all-star team, joining it last week after two other players dropped out.
The teams are composed of outstanding senior players from Oregon’s 1A OSAA division, and chosen from each league’s All-Star selections. The focus of the Senior All-Star Series is the players, according to the OCBA website. There will be four girls teams and four boys teams, competing in the two-day event.
More like this story
- Motorcyclist killed in spilled lumber crash
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- Shoreline trail widened under HR Bridge
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge