Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Katie Tolbert of Horizon Christian School has joined the Big Sky Conference team in the Oregon Basketball Coaches Association Senior All-Stars series, which competes this weekend at Sisters High School.
Tolbert and her fellow all-stars are practicing for the tournament this week in Condon.
“It’s really cool; I get to play with all these other talented players across the state,” Tolbert said. “And it will be nice to play on the same team with some of my former competitors. I’m glad we’re on the same side.”
Tolbert, a 2013 graduate and Most Valuable Player on the Hawks 2012-13 squad, earned Honorable Mention in the Class 1A Big Sky Conference. She was a late selection to the all-star team, joining it last week after two other players dropped out.
The teams are composed of outstanding senior players from Oregon’s 1A OSAA division, and chosen from each league’s All-Star selections. The focus of the Senior All-Star Series is the players, according to the OCBA website. There will be four girls teams and four boys teams, competing in the two-day event.
More like this story
- Cider Central: Cider Café opens, ’Gorge Society’ rebrands
- HR Library hosts Songwriters in the Round Sept. 16
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 5
- Labor Day: Drive with care, and take a moment to honor workers who can’t take a break
- Editor's Notebook: Will guards’ new disdain cancel refugees tickets’ aboard today’s European train?
- Police Log, Aug. 24 to 30
- Building Permits, City, August 2015
- HRV girls soccer looks to continue its winning ways
- Sports Briefs for Sept. 5
- Young team, playoff dreams for HRV volleyball
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge