Tuesday, June 25, 2013
The Western Antique Aeroplane & Automobile Museum announces that construction is under way on an expansion of its display buildings. The additional space will serve mainly for automobile related displays and an enlarged WAAAM SMART Kids Zone.
The museum, established in 2006 and opened to the public in 2007, has shown strong growth in its six years of operation. The WAAAM collection now comprises more than 120 cars and 30 motorcycles plus military vehicles and tractors and it will soon reach 100 airplanes.
With few exceptions, these objects are operable and many are demonstrated in action on the Second Saturday of each month.
Design Structures has been selected for the construction project. Opening of the new space is planned for November 2013.
More like this story
- Reader Photos: Enjoying the Eclipse
- Eclipse Scenes
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 19
- EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: Two guys, one contested parking space, two police officers: one wonders
- Church News: St. Mary’s holds retirement party for Rev. Maag
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge