Tuesday, June 25, 2013
The Western Antique Aeroplane & Automobile Museum announces that construction is under way on an expansion of its display buildings. The additional space will serve mainly for automobile related displays and an enlarged WAAAM SMART Kids Zone.
The museum, established in 2006 and opened to the public in 2007, has shown strong growth in its six years of operation. The WAAAM collection now comprises more than 120 cars and 30 motorcycles plus military vehicles and tractors and it will soon reach 100 airplanes.
With few exceptions, these objects are operable and many are demonstrated in action on the Second Saturday of each month.
Design Structures has been selected for the construction project. Opening of the new space is planned for November 2013.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge