Tuesday, June 25, 2013
The Western Antique Aeroplane & Automobile Museum announces that construction is under way on an expansion of its display buildings. The additional space will serve mainly for automobile related displays and an enlarged WAAAM SMART Kids Zone.
The museum, established in 2006 and opened to the public in 2007, has shown strong growth in its six years of operation. The WAAAM collection now comprises more than 120 cars and 30 motorcycles plus military vehicles and tractors and it will soon reach 100 airplanes.
With few exceptions, these objects are operable and many are demonstrated in action on the Second Saturday of each month.
Design Structures has been selected for the construction project. Opening of the new space is planned for November 2013.
More like this story
- Service announcement for Nov. 25
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge