Friday, June 28, 2013
Hood River Little League’s four All-Star teams will be in Bend this weekend and next week for the annual District 5 Championship tournament. The teams — one softball and three baseball — are comprised of the top players from this year’s local league, which encompased Parkdale, Odell, Hood River, White Salmon and Trout Lake. At the week-long tournament, Hood River teams will face All-Star teams from North and South Bend, Crook County, Jefferson County, John Day, The Dalles, Warm Springs, Central Oregon and more in double-elimination brackets, with the finals set for next weekend.
Top teams in each age group from the District 5 will move on to the state contest; from there the oldest division — 11-12-year-olds — will play for a shot at regional and national tournaments.
Players for the four Hood River teams were selected at an All-Star tryout after the regular season concluded earlier this month. Coaches from each team then made their selections of who would represent Hood River at the big summer tournament.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge