Friday, June 28, 2013
Hood River Little League’s four All-Star teams will be in Bend this weekend and next week for the annual District 5 Championship tournament. The teams — one softball and three baseball — are comprised of the top players from this year’s local league, which encompased Parkdale, Odell, Hood River, White Salmon and Trout Lake. At the week-long tournament, Hood River teams will face All-Star teams from North and South Bend, Crook County, Jefferson County, John Day, The Dalles, Warm Springs, Central Oregon and more in double-elimination brackets, with the finals set for next weekend.
Top teams in each age group from the District 5 will move on to the state contest; from there the oldest division — 11-12-year-olds — will play for a shot at regional and national tournaments.
Players for the four Hood River teams were selected at an All-Star tryout after the regular season concluded earlier this month. Coaches from each team then made their selections of who would represent Hood River at the big summer tournament.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge