Friday, June 28, 2013
With approximately 1,380 square feet of retail space, Goodwill Industries’ third luxury boutique plans to open as early as mid-summer in downtown Hood River.
The specialty Goodwill will be located at 304 Oak St. The area was chosen because of the great foot traffic and demographics, according to company officials.
(The previous tenant of the space, Columbia Gorge Title, will move three blocks north to the redeveloped Union Building, later this summer.)
This location is the charity’s first in Hood River and 48th store in its 14-county service area. The store will showcase — for both women and men — high-end clothing, shoes, purses and jewelry (both fine and costume), along with art.
In the early fall, Goodwill opens a regular retail location in The Dalles. Operating hours will be Monday through Sunday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
With every sale, 94 cents on the dollar directly goes to support Goodwill’s local job service programs. In all its programs combined, just last year alone, well over 52,000 people with barriers in northwest Oregon and southwest Washington were served.
The retail program of Goodwill Industries of the Columbia Willamette funds the largest mission-related payroll of all Goodwills in North America.
Of GICW’s more than 2,400 employees, two-thirds have barriers to employment.
For more information on the new store, contact Dale Emanuel at 503-572-0177. For more information on GICW visit www.meetgoodwill.org.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: ‘Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead’ at CCA
- HR County Library District holds annual Unity Picnic to celebrate diversity, reading
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River pool facing possible closure in 1987
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 23
- ANOTHER VOICE: Call on Gorge Commission to take a stand on coal transport pollution
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 23 edition
- Lions Fundraiser ‘Applerama’ in danger of cancellation
- The Ale List: Full Sail and Harrington team up with Red Ale
- ‘Sketchbook Project’ invites conversation
- poTENtial series continues at Center for Arts
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge