Friday, June 28, 2013
With approximately 1,380 square feet of retail space, Goodwill Industries’ third luxury boutique plans to open as early as mid-summer in downtown Hood River.
The specialty Goodwill will be located at 304 Oak St. The area was chosen because of the great foot traffic and demographics, according to company officials.
(The previous tenant of the space, Columbia Gorge Title, will move three blocks north to the redeveloped Union Building, later this summer.)
This location is the charity’s first in Hood River and 48th store in its 14-county service area. The store will showcase — for both women and men — high-end clothing, shoes, purses and jewelry (both fine and costume), along with art.
In the early fall, Goodwill opens a regular retail location in The Dalles. Operating hours will be Monday through Sunday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
With every sale, 94 cents on the dollar directly goes to support Goodwill’s local job service programs. In all its programs combined, just last year alone, well over 52,000 people with barriers in northwest Oregon and southwest Washington were served.
The retail program of Goodwill Industries of the Columbia Willamette funds the largest mission-related payroll of all Goodwills in North America.
Of GICW’s more than 2,400 employees, two-thirds have barriers to employment.
For more information on the new store, contact Dale Emanuel at 503-572-0177. For more information on GICW visit www.meetgoodwill.org.
More like this story
- Flags Lowered: Seaside Police Sgt. Jason Goodding
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6