Friday, June 28, 2013
Join Wet Planet Whitewater Center, Kayak Shed and Columbia Center for the Arts for two nights of dynamic water adventure films with the REEL Paddling Film Festival World Tour on June 28-29 at 8 p.m.
The paddling films include all types of paddling: sea and whitewater kayaking, canoeing, stand-up paddling and even surfing — they touch on topics including our changing water resources and environmental impacts on our water recreation areas. A variety of different short films will be shown each evening. Tickets are $10 each night and are available online and at Columbia Arts. Proceeds will go towards the July 10 White Salmon RiverFest.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge