Friday, June 28, 2013
Join Wet Planet Whitewater Center, Kayak Shed and Columbia Center for the Arts for two nights of dynamic water adventure films with the REEL Paddling Film Festival World Tour on June 28-29 at 8 p.m.
The paddling films include all types of paddling: sea and whitewater kayaking, canoeing, stand-up paddling and even surfing — they touch on topics including our changing water resources and environmental impacts on our water recreation areas. A variety of different short films will be shown each evening. Tickets are $10 each night and are available online and at Columbia Arts. Proceeds will go towards the July 10 White Salmon RiverFest.
More like this story
- Service announcements for July 27: Ada Redlock, Douglas Warnock, Betty Akiyama and Virginia Phillips
- Death notice for July 27: Scott Bauer
- Peters and Lassila engaged
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge