Friday, June 28, 2013
Join Wet Planet Whitewater Center, Kayak Shed and Columbia Center for the Arts for two nights of dynamic water adventure films with the REEL Paddling Film Festival World Tour on June 28-29 at 8 p.m.
The paddling films include all types of paddling: sea and whitewater kayaking, canoeing, stand-up paddling and even surfing — they touch on topics including our changing water resources and environmental impacts on our water recreation areas. A variety of different short films will be shown each evening. Tickets are $10 each night and are available online and at Columbia Arts. Proceeds will go towards the July 10 White Salmon RiverFest.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge