Friday, June 28, 2013
Columbia Gorge Windsurfing Associations’ annual Windfest returns to the Hood River Event Site this weekend for two days of gear demos, clinics, demonstrations, lessons, music, food, drinks and more. Weather permitting, the Blowout downwind race will also make a showing on Saturday, early afternoon, starting from Bob’s Beach in Stevenson (change from the earlier-announced location of Cascade Locks) and ending at the Event Site.
Regardless of wind, weather forecasts look hot and sunny and there will be plenty of SUP boards, a slack line, disc golf and other activities on hand at the Event Site. The local band Walter and the Conquerors is scheduled to play from 4-7 p.m. Saturday as well.
Also on June 30, the CGWA hosts its third swap meet of the season, this time in the Luhr Jensen parking lot. Free to buyers and $10 for sellers, check-in begins at 7 a.m. for sellers and buyers will be allowed in at 8 a.m.
For more details visit www.gorgewindsurfing.org. The blowout race will likely run around noon Saturday, so anyone wanting to take part should check in at the Event Site that morning for updates and to register.
More like this story
- Service announcement for Oct. 10
- Death notices for Oct. 7
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Gorge Soup adds ‘Visual Arts’ event
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
- Fruit and Craft Fair adds ranch sorting and other events
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge