Friday, March 1, 2013
On Saturday, March 9, from 7-10 p.m., it’s the Second Saturday Country Dance at the Rockford Grange in Hood River.
The caller will be Ned Leager from Portland. The band will be the Mill Creek String Band also from the Mid-Columbia area.
Dance lessons will begin at 7 p.m. All ages welcome. No partner required. Family friendly. All dances walked through first time.
Enjoy an evening of Country Squares, Contras, Circle dances and a few Waltzes. The dance will be at the Rockford Grange, on Barrett Road, Hood River. $6 for members, $7 for non-members, $1 for youth and students.
Please bring snack treats for break time. Call Keith Harding at 541-352-7550 or Tom Hons at 541-386-5771 for further information.
More like this story
- Evacuations lifted for all Hood River Valley
- ‘Boot Scootin’ Boogie Ball’ Oct. 7
- Weed of the month: English ivy
- Introduction to geocaching meeting Sept. 30 in Parkdale
- Smithsonian’s ‘Museum Day Live!’ celebrated at local museums
- Remembrance ceremony Oct. 15
- Take precautions as air quality decreases
- ‘Conoce Tu Columbia’ launch party Sept. 19
- Letters to the Editor, Sept. 16 edition
- Another Voice: Eagle Creek Fire: The Gorge will recover
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge