Friday, March 1, 2013
On Saturday, March 9, from 7-10 p.m., it’s the Second Saturday Country Dance at the Rockford Grange in Hood River.
The caller will be Ned Leager from Portland. The band will be the Mill Creek String Band also from the Mid-Columbia area.
Dance lessons will begin at 7 p.m. All ages welcome. No partner required. Family friendly. All dances walked through first time.
Enjoy an evening of Country Squares, Contras, Circle dances and a few Waltzes. The dance will be at the Rockford Grange, on Barrett Road, Hood River. $6 for members, $7 for non-members, $1 for youth and students.
Please bring snack treats for break time. Call Keith Harding at 541-352-7550 or Tom Hons at 541-386-5771 for further information.
More like this story
- Highway brush fire in Hood River knocked down
- Yesteryears: Horizon Christian ‘changing skyscape’ with new building in 2006
- Teen pleads not guilty to stabbing HR woman
- Hearings begin this week on Longview coal terminal
- White River campground closed
- EnviroGorge announces bird quiz
- Letters to the Editor for May 25
- Santa Cruz, Fetkenhour April ‘Students of the Month’
- Picard resigns from Hood River city council over STR issue
- Cascade Locks city council continuing with Nestlé plans despite passage of 14-55
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge