Friday, March 1, 2013
On Saturday, March 9, from 7-10 p.m., it’s the Second Saturday Country Dance at the Rockford Grange in Hood River.
The caller will be Ned Leager from Portland. The band will be the Mill Creek String Band also from the Mid-Columbia area.
Dance lessons will begin at 7 p.m. All ages welcome. No partner required. Family friendly. All dances walked through first time.
Enjoy an evening of Country Squares, Contras, Circle dances and a few Waltzes. The dance will be at the Rockford Grange, on Barrett Road, Hood River. $6 for members, $7 for non-members, $1 for youth and students.
Please bring snack treats for break time. Call Keith Harding at 541-352-7550 or Tom Hons at 541-386-5771 for further information.
More like this story
- Service announcement for Nov. 25
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge