Friday, March 1, 2013
“Three-and-a-Half Wishes” is a new musical written by Mark Steighner and presented by students and staff at Hood River Middle School. With three performances canceled last week due to cast illness, one final “encore” performance has been added for this coming Tuesday.
The fun show is a humorous illustration of the old adage “Be careful what you wish for.”
Beatrice Cotton is a typical teenager who finds her hum-drum life a little dull — but when she stumbles upon a bit of magic and a high-energy, trouble-making genie appears, Bea wishes things would go back to normal.
Tickets will be available at the door; $5 for adults and $3 for children and students. Performance will be at the Hood River Middle School auditorium, 7 p.m.
More like this story
- Death notices for Nov. 28
- Service announcement for Nov. 25
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge