Friday, March 1, 2013
Hood River Lions is looking for a new Heights location to place its trailer for collecting donated newsprint for recycling.
For about four months the Heights trailer has been located near the 12th and Belmont streets. That site has become unavailable due to uncontrollable circumstances, according to member Scott Johnson.
“The new location has to have the ability to fit a tractor to move in and pick up the trailer. We’d like it to be viewable from the street and to have it as far out as the rental center (on Tucker Road) in Hood River,” Johnson said.
The Lions generate a few thousand dollars each year to help fund their activities such as the Boy Scouts program.
For many years the trailer occupied space at the south end of Rosauers parking lot.
The trailer used on 12th Street is currently being kept in a trucking yard owned by John Nesbitt, who does the trailer hauling for the Lions. The Lions trailer located in the Safeway parking lot is still collecting and people are welcome to drop their newspapers off there.
If you have an idea for a trailer location, call Johnson at 541-386-0330.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge