Friday, March 1, 2013
Hood River Lions is looking for a new Heights location to place its trailer for collecting donated newsprint for recycling.
For about four months the Heights trailer has been located near the 12th and Belmont streets. That site has become unavailable due to uncontrollable circumstances, according to member Scott Johnson.
“The new location has to have the ability to fit a tractor to move in and pick up the trailer. We’d like it to be viewable from the street and to have it as far out as the rental center (on Tucker Road) in Hood River,” Johnson said.
The Lions generate a few thousand dollars each year to help fund their activities such as the Boy Scouts program.
For many years the trailer occupied space at the south end of Rosauers parking lot.
The trailer used on 12th Street is currently being kept in a trucking yard owned by John Nesbitt, who does the trailer hauling for the Lions. The Lions trailer located in the Safeway parking lot is still collecting and people are welcome to drop their newspapers off there.
If you have an idea for a trailer location, call Johnson at 541-386-0330.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge