Friday, March 1, 2013
Lunafest, the annual touring international film festival featuring award-winning short films by, for, and about women, arrives in the Gorge on Wednesday, March 13, and Thursday, March 14, courtesy of Soroptimist International of Hood River.
This season, the films are filled with stories of reflection, hope and humor. The event package will travel to over 150 cities and screen in from of 30,000 people.
Proceeds from the evenings will benefit Soroptimist’s mission to advance human rights and the status of women in our community, and Lunafest’s fight against breast cancer through the Breast Cancer Fund.
For more information on the films or the Lunafest project, visit:
For information about the local event, contact Judith Poage at 541-990-2209 or email@example.com.
A no-host wine bar will open at 6 p.m. in the lobby of Columbia Center for the Arts, Hood River, and the films will begin promptly at 7 p.m.
Tickets are $10 each and are available at Columbia Center for the Arts at Third and Cascade, and at Waucoma Bookstore on Oak Street in Hood River.
The local showing is sponsored by Juanita’s Fine Foods and Xyngular, a health and wellness product for changing lives, available through Chavalla Lopez-Bassham.
Luna, the Whole Nutrition Bar for Women, created Lunafest to simultaneously promote women filmmakers, raise awareness for women’s issues and support nonprofit organizations.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge