Friday, March 1, 2013
Do you have questions about your pregnancy, breastfeeding or your baby’s health? Hood River County Public Health Department has the following programs:
Maternity Care for Moms: A home visiting service provided by a public health nurse offering care and support during pregnancy in addition to prenatal visits with your doctor. The nurse provides extra prenatal education, access to community services and breastfeeding education. Call 541-387-7131.
Babies First: A home visiting service provided by a public health nurse for families with babies and children up to age 5, to make sure their babies are healthy as they grow and learn. Call 541-387-7117.
CaCoon Program: A public health nurse provides services for families of children and youth (0-21) who have or are at risk for having special health needs. Call 541-387-7119.
WIC (Women, Infants and Children): Nutrition support and education program for women, infants and children from pregnancy to age 5. Call 541-387-6882.
Breastfeeding Support: Certified lactation consultants and educators available for WIC and home visiting programs. Call 541-387-7131.
La Clinica del Cariño Family Health Center: Provides a full range of medical services in English and Spanish. Perinatal services include pregnancy, breastfeeding and newborn care support and education. In Hood River, call 541-386-6380.
Breastfeeding Support Group, twice monthly at Riverside Community Church, 317 State St., Hood River. For more info call 541-387-6344 or 541-387-7131.
More like this story
- WIC officials in Sunnyside urge mothers to sign up for free assistance programWIC officials in Sunnyside urge mothers to sign up for free assistance program
- Family support starts at birth with Home Visiting Connection
- Information booth to be part of First Friday
- Breastfeeding support group earns national recognition
- ‘Incredible Years’ returns June 23
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Students from Hood River selected for China trip
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge