Friday, March 1, 2013
Do you have questions about your pregnancy, breastfeeding or your baby’s health? Hood River County Public Health Department has the following programs:
Maternity Care for Moms: A home visiting service provided by a public health nurse offering care and support during pregnancy in addition to prenatal visits with your doctor. The nurse provides extra prenatal education, access to community services and breastfeeding education. Call 541-387-7131.
Babies First: A home visiting service provided by a public health nurse for families with babies and children up to age 5, to make sure their babies are healthy as they grow and learn. Call 541-387-7117.
CaCoon Program: A public health nurse provides services for families of children and youth (0-21) who have or are at risk for having special health needs. Call 541-387-7119.
WIC (Women, Infants and Children): Nutrition support and education program for women, infants and children from pregnancy to age 5. Call 541-387-6882.
Breastfeeding Support: Certified lactation consultants and educators available for WIC and home visiting programs. Call 541-387-7131.
La Clinica del Cariño Family Health Center: Provides a full range of medical services in English and Spanish. Perinatal services include pregnancy, breastfeeding and newborn care support and education. In Hood River, call 541-386-6380.
Breastfeeding Support Group, twice monthly at Riverside Community Church, 317 State St., Hood River. For more info call 541-387-6344 or 541-387-7131.
More like this story
- WIC officials in Sunnyside urge mothers to sign up for free assistance programWIC officials in Sunnyside urge mothers to sign up for free assistance program
- Family support starts at birth with Home Visiting Connection
- Information booth to be part of First Friday
- Breastfeeding support group earns national recognition
- ‘Incredible Years’ returns June 23
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events