Friday, March 1, 2013
Do you have questions about your pregnancy, breastfeeding or your baby’s health? Hood River County Public Health Department has the following programs:
Maternity Care for Moms: A home visiting service provided by a public health nurse offering care and support during pregnancy in addition to prenatal visits with your doctor. The nurse provides extra prenatal education, access to community services and breastfeeding education. Call 541-387-7131.
Babies First: A home visiting service provided by a public health nurse for families with babies and children up to age 5, to make sure their babies are healthy as they grow and learn. Call 541-387-7117.
CaCoon Program: A public health nurse provides services for families of children and youth (0-21) who have or are at risk for having special health needs. Call 541-387-7119.
WIC (Women, Infants and Children): Nutrition support and education program for women, infants and children from pregnancy to age 5. Call 541-387-6882.
Breastfeeding Support: Certified lactation consultants and educators available for WIC and home visiting programs. Call 541-387-7131.
La Clinica del Cariño Family Health Center: Provides a full range of medical services in English and Spanish. Perinatal services include pregnancy, breastfeeding and newborn care support and education. In Hood River, call 541-386-6380.
Breastfeeding Support Group, twice monthly at Riverside Community Church, 317 State St., Hood River. For more info call 541-387-6344 or 541-387-7131.
More like this story
- WIC officials in Sunnyside urge mothers to sign up for free assistance programWIC officials in Sunnyside urge mothers to sign up for free assistance program
- Family support starts at birth with Home Visiting Connection
- Information booth to be part of First Friday
- Breastfeeding support group earns national recognition
- ‘Incredible Years’ returns June 23
- Vandalized sign prompts security precautions at CL School Friday
- Death Notices for Oct. 1: Jack Stone, Jack Stone, Viola Wells, and Gerald Culp
- Service Announcement for Oct. 1: Calvin Peck
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge