Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Westside Elementary School’s second-annual Chair Affair event at Springhouse Cellar on Feb. 23 was a big success, according to Megan Spears, auction committee chair.
“We are very proud of our community that came out to support the Art Program at Westside Elementary School” she said.
Eleven local artists donated chairs for the live auction; and Westside students alongside artists Courtney Berens (Westside parent) and Shelley Toon Hight created art pieces that were sold in the silent auction.
The $13,700 raised will be put back into the Artist in Residency program.
The chair artists were: Cynthia Caudill, Lucy Gorman, Chris Johnson, Scott Paider, Bruce Peterson, Tina Richards, Jim Schlemmer, Sue Sutherland, Shelley Toon Hight and Karen Watson.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge