Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Westside Elementary School’s second-annual Chair Affair event at Springhouse Cellar on Feb. 23 was a big success, according to Megan Spears, auction committee chair.
“We are very proud of our community that came out to support the Art Program at Westside Elementary School” she said.
Eleven local artists donated chairs for the live auction; and Westside students alongside artists Courtney Berens (Westside parent) and Shelley Toon Hight created art pieces that were sold in the silent auction.
The $13,700 raised will be put back into the Artist in Residency program.
The chair artists were: Cynthia Caudill, Lucy Gorman, Chris Johnson, Scott Paider, Bruce Peterson, Tina Richards, Jim Schlemmer, Sue Sutherland, Shelley Toon Hight and Karen Watson.
More like this story
- Cascade Locks brush fire contained
- Lorang Fine Art open house will be Oct. 4
- Body of missing paddle boarder found in Columbia River
- Lummi Totem visits Hood River
- Living with Smoke
- Toward a healthier HRV: Health Center serves students this fall
- CL Port hosts Aug. 29 Bridge of the Gods walk
- Lost hiker, 75, found safe at Laurance Lake
- Brian Stenberg returns to his roots as Horizon’s new A.D.
- In its fifth running, Paddle Challenge is bigger than ever
Helicopter searches for hiker
BLACKHAWK helicopter flies over Mt. Hood National Forest near Laurance Lake on Friday, Aug. 21. The military aircraft was called in to help police seek a missing hiker from The Dalles. Enlarge