Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Westside Elementary School’s second-annual Chair Affair event at Springhouse Cellar on Feb. 23 was a big success, according to Megan Spears, auction committee chair.
“We are very proud of our community that came out to support the Art Program at Westside Elementary School” she said.
Eleven local artists donated chairs for the live auction; and Westside students alongside artists Courtney Berens (Westside parent) and Shelley Toon Hight created art pieces that were sold in the silent auction.
The $13,700 raised will be put back into the Artist in Residency program.
The chair artists were: Cynthia Caudill, Lucy Gorman, Chris Johnson, Scott Paider, Bruce Peterson, Tina Richards, Jim Schlemmer, Sue Sutherland, Shelley Toon Hight and Karen Watson.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge