Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Westside Elementary School’s second-annual Chair Affair event at Springhouse Cellar on Feb. 23 was a big success, according to Megan Spears, auction committee chair.
“We are very proud of our community that came out to support the Art Program at Westside Elementary School” she said.
Eleven local artists donated chairs for the live auction; and Westside students alongside artists Courtney Berens (Westside parent) and Shelley Toon Hight created art pieces that were sold in the silent auction.
The $13,700 raised will be put back into the Artist in Residency program.
The chair artists were: Cynthia Caudill, Lucy Gorman, Chris Johnson, Scott Paider, Bruce Peterson, Tina Richards, Jim Schlemmer, Sue Sutherland, Shelley Toon Hight and Karen Watson.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for June 21
- Another Voice: New legislation is win-win for community college students
- Fight leads to reported stabbing in Cascade Locks
- Former Hood River resident dies in wreck on I-84
- Columbia sturgeon season returns
- High Prairie Firehouse Sale back this weekend
- Roots and Branches: High energy children and the belief to succeed
- Entertainment Update for June 21
- Loretta and Patsy: Together Again
- Sports briefs for June 21
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge