Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Westside Elementary School’s second-annual Chair Affair event at Springhouse Cellar on Feb. 23 was a big success, according to Megan Spears, auction committee chair.
“We are very proud of our community that came out to support the Art Program at Westside Elementary School” she said.
Eleven local artists donated chairs for the live auction; and Westside students alongside artists Courtney Berens (Westside parent) and Shelley Toon Hight created art pieces that were sold in the silent auction.
The $13,700 raised will be put back into the Artist in Residency program.
The chair artists were: Cynthia Caudill, Lucy Gorman, Chris Johnson, Scott Paider, Bruce Peterson, Tina Richards, Jim Schlemmer, Sue Sutherland, Shelley Toon Hight and Karen Watson.
More like this story
- Death notices for Oct. 22: Ellyn Kane, George Kimball, Kenneth Leibham and Barbara Pink
- Service Announcements for Oct. 22: Louise Neitch and Betty Johnson
- Yesteryears: Cooper’s Spur Road completed in 1926
- ‘Age of Dignity’ discussion series starts Oct. 22
- Advocacy Center holds fundraiser Oct. 22
- Roots and Branches: Find and use your tools
- Columbia Gorge Peace Village hosts film
- WS Library holds ‘Boys in the Boat’ talk Oct. 22
- Gorge receives national honor this weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 19
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge