Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Big Brothers/Big Sisters holds its largest fundraiser Saturday, at Orchard Lanes.
“Bowl for Kids’ Sake” is a fun way to raise money and awareness for Big Brothers Big Sisters,” said Joella Dethman, director of Hood River Commission on Children and Families.
“Bowlers get to spread the word about the program when they ask community members for donations and they also get to bowl with other supporters at the liveliest fundraiser around,” she said.
BBBS matches children with a caring, trained volunteer who acts as a role model, providing friendship, guidance and support. The program supports more than 80 matches in the mid-Columbia.
It’s not too late to contribute. You can make a difference by going to www.nextdoorinc.org and clicking on “donate now.”
To get involved in the program, contact Kristin Reese at 541-436-0305 or email@example.com.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge