Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Big Brothers/Big Sisters holds its largest fundraiser Saturday, at Orchard Lanes.
“Bowl for Kids’ Sake” is a fun way to raise money and awareness for Big Brothers Big Sisters,” said Joella Dethman, director of Hood River Commission on Children and Families.
“Bowlers get to spread the word about the program when they ask community members for donations and they also get to bowl with other supporters at the liveliest fundraiser around,” she said.
BBBS matches children with a caring, trained volunteer who acts as a role model, providing friendship, guidance and support. The program supports more than 80 matches in the mid-Columbia.
It’s not too late to contribute. You can make a difference by going to www.nextdoorinc.org and clicking on “donate now.”
To get involved in the program, contact Kristin Reese at 541-436-0305 or email@example.com.
More like this story
- Service announcements for Oct. 3
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge