Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Big Brothers/Big Sisters holds its largest fundraiser Saturday, at Orchard Lanes.
“Bowl for Kids’ Sake” is a fun way to raise money and awareness for Big Brothers Big Sisters,” said Joella Dethman, director of Hood River Commission on Children and Families.
“Bowlers get to spread the word about the program when they ask community members for donations and they also get to bowl with other supporters at the liveliest fundraiser around,” she said.
BBBS matches children with a caring, trained volunteer who acts as a role model, providing friendship, guidance and support. The program supports more than 80 matches in the mid-Columbia.
It’s not too late to contribute. You can make a difference by going to www.nextdoorinc.org and clicking on “donate now.”
To get involved in the program, contact Kristin Reese at 541-436-0305 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge