Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Big Brothers/Big Sisters holds its largest fundraiser Saturday, at Orchard Lanes.
“Bowl for Kids’ Sake” is a fun way to raise money and awareness for Big Brothers Big Sisters,” said Joella Dethman, director of Hood River Commission on Children and Families.
“Bowlers get to spread the word about the program when they ask community members for donations and they also get to bowl with other supporters at the liveliest fundraiser around,” she said.
BBBS matches children with a caring, trained volunteer who acts as a role model, providing friendship, guidance and support. The program supports more than 80 matches in the mid-Columbia.
It’s not too late to contribute. You can make a difference by going to www.nextdoorinc.org and clicking on “donate now.”
To get involved in the program, contact Kristin Reese at 541-436-0305 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge