Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Big Brothers/Big Sisters holds its largest fundraiser Saturday, at Orchard Lanes.
“Bowl for Kids’ Sake” is a fun way to raise money and awareness for Big Brothers Big Sisters,” said Joella Dethman, director of Hood River Commission on Children and Families.
“Bowlers get to spread the word about the program when they ask community members for donations and they also get to bowl with other supporters at the liveliest fundraiser around,” she said.
BBBS matches children with a caring, trained volunteer who acts as a role model, providing friendship, guidance and support. The program supports more than 80 matches in the mid-Columbia.
It’s not too late to contribute. You can make a difference by going to www.nextdoorinc.org and clicking on “donate now.”
To get involved in the program, contact Kristin Reese at 541-436-0305 or email@example.com.
More like this story
- Columbia Gorge Express bus starts Memorial Day weekend
- Missing woman reported, last seen in Stevenson
- Mad Hatter’s Tea Party fun
- Memorial Day Weekend events … and beyond
- DRAGON DASH
- Acute story
- Memorial Day service, May 29 at Idlewilde
- Sports briefs for May 27
- Columbia Gorge Genealogical Society meets June 10 at Discovery Center
- The Dalles museums offer free admission for military
Hood River firefighters battle Heights blaze
Hood River firefighters tackled an early morning fire at an answering service in the Heights Wednesday morning. The 1 a.m fire was caused by an electrical panel and eventually gutted the office. Enlarge