Tuesday, March 5, 2013
The City of Bingen is putting on a dinner and auction fundraiser called GorgeOut on March 23, to raise remaining funds to finish the community skatepark.
The City hopes to raise enough money to add to the existing structure, increasing the size of the popular skate space for youth and adults which will include adding a series of bowls for different ability levels.
GorgeOut tickets are on sale now ($15 each or $25 for two). Ticket price includes admission and dinner. David Griffith will lead the auction, and there will be live music by Rainier Billingsley, along with food, drinks, auction items and community spirit. Purchase tickets at Bingen City Hall or at the door, 210 N. Cedar, Bingen.
The event begins at 5:30 p.m. with a social hour and time to view and bid on silent auction items. The buffet dinner will be from 6-7 p.m., followed by a live auction.
Auction items include tickets and lodging for the Pendleton Round-Up, private guided fly fishing trip, spring cleaning with a team of professional organizers and cleaners, weekend getaway in Portland and Seattle Areas, NAPA tools, scenic and adventure flights, golf packages, body art gift certificate, wine tasting tours, whitewater rafting trip, fine artwork, wellness and health services and more.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Cooper’s Spur Road completed in 1926
- ‘Age of Dignity’ discussion series starts Oct. 22
- Advocacy Center holds fundraiser Oct. 22
- Roots and Branches: Find and use your tools
- Columbia Gorge Peace Village hosts film
- WS Library holds ‘Boys in the Boat’ talk Oct. 22
- Gorge receives national honor this weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 19
- ‘Mayerdale Place’ program Oct. 21
- County continues marijuana hearings
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge