Tuesday, March 5, 2013
The City of Bingen is putting on a dinner and auction fundraiser called GorgeOut on March 23, to raise remaining funds to finish the community skatepark.
The City hopes to raise enough money to add to the existing structure, increasing the size of the popular skate space for youth and adults which will include adding a series of bowls for different ability levels.
GorgeOut tickets are on sale now ($15 each or $25 for two). Ticket price includes admission and dinner. David Griffith will lead the auction, and there will be live music by Rainier Billingsley, along with food, drinks, auction items and community spirit. Purchase tickets at Bingen City Hall or at the door, 210 N. Cedar, Bingen.
The event begins at 5:30 p.m. with a social hour and time to view and bid on silent auction items. The buffet dinner will be from 6-7 p.m., followed by a live auction.
Auction items include tickets and lodging for the Pendleton Round-Up, private guided fly fishing trip, spring cleaning with a team of professional organizers and cleaners, weekend getaway in Portland and Seattle Areas, NAPA tools, scenic and adventure flights, golf packages, body art gift certificate, wine tasting tours, whitewater rafting trip, fine artwork, wellness and health services and more.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge