Tuesday, March 5, 2013
The City of Bingen is putting on a dinner and auction fundraiser called GorgeOut on March 23, to raise remaining funds to finish the community skatepark.
The City hopes to raise enough money to add to the existing structure, increasing the size of the popular skate space for youth and adults which will include adding a series of bowls for different ability levels.
GorgeOut tickets are on sale now ($15 each or $25 for two). Ticket price includes admission and dinner. David Griffith will lead the auction, and there will be live music by Rainier Billingsley, along with food, drinks, auction items and community spirit. Purchase tickets at Bingen City Hall or at the door, 210 N. Cedar, Bingen.
The event begins at 5:30 p.m. with a social hour and time to view and bid on silent auction items. The buffet dinner will be from 6-7 p.m., followed by a live auction.
Auction items include tickets and lodging for the Pendleton Round-Up, private guided fly fishing trip, spring cleaning with a team of professional organizers and cleaners, weekend getaway in Portland and Seattle Areas, NAPA tools, scenic and adventure flights, golf packages, body art gift certificate, wine tasting tours, whitewater rafting trip, fine artwork, wellness and health services and more.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge