Tuesday, March 5, 2013
The City of Bingen is putting on a dinner and auction fundraiser called GorgeOut on March 23, to raise remaining funds to finish the community skatepark.
The City hopes to raise enough money to add to the existing structure, increasing the size of the popular skate space for youth and adults which will include adding a series of bowls for different ability levels.
GorgeOut tickets are on sale now ($15 each or $25 for two). Ticket price includes admission and dinner. David Griffith will lead the auction, and there will be live music by Rainier Billingsley, along with food, drinks, auction items and community spirit. Purchase tickets at Bingen City Hall or at the door, 210 N. Cedar, Bingen.
The event begins at 5:30 p.m. with a social hour and time to view and bid on silent auction items. The buffet dinner will be from 6-7 p.m., followed by a live auction.
Auction items include tickets and lodging for the Pendleton Round-Up, private guided fly fishing trip, spring cleaning with a team of professional organizers and cleaners, weekend getaway in Portland and Seattle Areas, NAPA tools, scenic and adventure flights, golf packages, body art gift certificate, wine tasting tours, whitewater rafting trip, fine artwork, wellness and health services and more.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: ‘Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead’ at CCA
- HR County Library District holds annual Unity Picnic to celebrate diversity, reading
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River pool facing possible closure in 1987
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 23
- ANOTHER VOICE: Call on Gorge Commission to take a stand on coal transport pollution
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 23 edition
- Lions Fundraiser ‘Applerama’ in danger of cancellation
- The Ale List: Full Sail and Harrington team up with Red Ale
- ‘Sketchbook Project’ invites conversation
- poTENtial series continues at Center for Arts
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge