Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Hood River Valley Swim Team’s Chad Klaas swam to two state champion titles last weekend at the 2103 Oregon Swimming age 11-14 championships in Corvallis. Klaas won the 50- and 100-meter butterfly events in the 11-year-old boys division, dominating his competition and setting three new team records along the way.
Klaas, who also finished in the top five in 50 free, 100 free and 100 IM events, was joined at the meet by teammates Per Bergstrom, Nadia Smith, David Walker and Charlie Sutherland. Walker, 14, set a new team record in the 100 back (:59.24, previously held by Jared Cramblett since 1998) on his way to a 10th-place finish in the event. He also finished eighth in the 200 IM. Sutherland, 14, finished top 10 in the 200 butterfly and 200 breaststroke and Bergstrom, 11, placed sixth in the 50 butterfly.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge