Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Hood River Valley Swim Team’s Chad Klaas swam to two state champion titles last weekend at the 2103 Oregon Swimming age 11-14 championships in Corvallis. Klaas won the 50- and 100-meter butterfly events in the 11-year-old boys division, dominating his competition and setting three new team records along the way.
Klaas, who also finished in the top five in 50 free, 100 free and 100 IM events, was joined at the meet by teammates Per Bergstrom, Nadia Smith, David Walker and Charlie Sutherland. Walker, 14, set a new team record in the 100 back (:59.24, previously held by Jared Cramblett since 1998) on his way to a 10th-place finish in the event. He also finished eighth in the 200 IM. Sutherland, 14, finished top 10 in the 200 butterfly and 200 breaststroke and Bergstrom, 11, placed sixth in the 50 butterfly.
More like this story
- Motorcyclist killed in spilled lumber crash
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- Shoreline trail widened under HR Bridge
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge