Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Lunafest, the annual touring international film festival featuring award-winning short films by, for, and about women, arrives in the Gorge on March 13 and 14, courtesy of Soroptimist International of Hood River.
This season, the films are filled with stories of reflection, hope and humor.
Proceeds from the evenings will benefit Soroptimist’s mission to advance human rights and the status of women in our community.
A no-host wine bar will open at 6 p.m. in the lobby of Columbia Center for the Arts, Hood River, and the films will begin promptly at 7 p.m.
Tickets are $10 each and are available at Columbia Center for the Arts at Third & Cascade, and at Waucoma Bookstore on Oak Street in Hood River.
For information about the local event, contact Judith Poage at 541-990-2209 or email@example.com.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge