Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Lunafest, the annual touring international film festival featuring award-winning short films by, for, and about women, arrives in the Gorge on March 13 and 14, courtesy of Soroptimist International of Hood River.
This season, the films are filled with stories of reflection, hope and humor.
Proceeds from the evenings will benefit Soroptimist’s mission to advance human rights and the status of women in our community.
A no-host wine bar will open at 6 p.m. in the lobby of Columbia Center for the Arts, Hood River, and the films will begin promptly at 7 p.m.
Tickets are $10 each and are available at Columbia Center for the Arts at Third & Cascade, and at Waucoma Bookstore on Oak Street in Hood River.
For information about the local event, contact Judith Poage at 541-990-2209 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge