Tuesday, March 5, 2013
The Hood River Soil and Water Conservation District board meets Thursday at 3 p.m. at OSU Extension Center, 2990 Experiment Station Road in Hood River.
Business includes hiring of a watershed coordinator to succeed Steve Stampfli, who is retiring this month. HRSWD will hold a farewell for Stampfli March 26 from 5:30-7 p.m.
The board will also discuss participation in an Oregon Department of Agriculture webinar on March 14 at 5:30 p.m.
Also on the agenda are informational reports from newly hired conservation technician Kris Schaedel; Carly Heron, Natural Resources Conservation District; Megan Saunders, watershed assistant/technician; Steve Stampfli; Jordan Kim, assistant manager; and Anne Saxby, district manager.
Schaedel is already getting to work on annual plant sale while learning the ropes on her many other duties. She will be working half-time at the district, complementing Kim’s position which is now also part-time.
Schaedel is a native Oregonian with experience working in natural resources at Department of Environmental Quality, Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife and Mid-Columbia Agriculture Research and Experiment Center.
More like this story
- Hey, Dustin, The Wearhouse has your jacket
- Death notices for July 2: Floyd Carter and Michael Hill
- Service Announcement for July 1: Ellis Tanner
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge