Tuesday, March 5, 2013
The Hood River Soil and Water Conservation District board meets Thursday at 3 p.m. at OSU Extension Center, 2990 Experiment Station Road in Hood River.
Business includes hiring of a watershed coordinator to succeed Steve Stampfli, who is retiring this month. HRSWD will hold a farewell for Stampfli March 26 from 5:30-7 p.m.
The board will also discuss participation in an Oregon Department of Agriculture webinar on March 14 at 5:30 p.m.
Also on the agenda are informational reports from newly hired conservation technician Kris Schaedel; Carly Heron, Natural Resources Conservation District; Megan Saunders, watershed assistant/technician; Steve Stampfli; Jordan Kim, assistant manager; and Anne Saxby, district manager.
Schaedel is already getting to work on annual plant sale while learning the ropes on her many other duties. She will be working half-time at the district, complementing Kim’s position which is now also part-time.
Schaedel is a native Oregonian with experience working in natural resources at Department of Environmental Quality, Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife and Mid-Columbia Agriculture Research and Experiment Center.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge