Tuesday, March 5, 2013
The Hood River Soil and Water Conservation District board meets Thursday at 3 p.m. at OSU Extension Center, 2990 Experiment Station Road in Hood River.
Business includes hiring of a watershed coordinator to succeed Steve Stampfli, who is retiring this month. HRSWD will hold a farewell for Stampfli March 26 from 5:30-7 p.m.
The board will also discuss participation in an Oregon Department of Agriculture webinar on March 14 at 5:30 p.m.
Also on the agenda are informational reports from newly hired conservation technician Kris Schaedel; Carly Heron, Natural Resources Conservation District; Megan Saunders, watershed assistant/technician; Steve Stampfli; Jordan Kim, assistant manager; and Anne Saxby, district manager.
Schaedel is already getting to work on annual plant sale while learning the ropes on her many other duties. She will be working half-time at the district, complementing Kim’s position which is now also part-time.
Schaedel is a native Oregonian with experience working in natural resources at Department of Environmental Quality, Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife and Mid-Columbia Agriculture Research and Experiment Center.
More like this story
- Vandalized sign prompts security precautions at CL School Friday
- Death Notices for Oct. 1: Jack Stone, Jack Stone, Viola Wells, and Gerald Culp
- Service Announcement for Oct. 1: Calvin Peck
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge