Tuesday, March 5, 2013
The Hood River Soil and Water Conservation District board meets Thursday at 3 p.m. at OSU Extension Center, 2990 Experiment Station Road in Hood River.
Business includes hiring of a watershed coordinator to succeed Steve Stampfli, who is retiring this month. HRSWD will hold a farewell for Stampfli March 26 from 5:30-7 p.m.
The board will also discuss participation in an Oregon Department of Agriculture webinar on March 14 at 5:30 p.m.
Also on the agenda are informational reports from newly hired conservation technician Kris Schaedel; Carly Heron, Natural Resources Conservation District; Megan Saunders, watershed assistant/technician; Steve Stampfli; Jordan Kim, assistant manager; and Anne Saxby, district manager.
Schaedel is already getting to work on annual plant sale while learning the ropes on her many other duties. She will be working half-time at the district, complementing Kim’s position which is now also part-time.
Schaedel is a native Oregonian with experience working in natural resources at Department of Environmental Quality, Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife and Mid-Columbia Agriculture Research and Experiment Center.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
- Shoreline trail widened under HR Bridge
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge