Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Water polo starts, adds new youth opportunites
Hood River Water Polo will be starting its spring season March 5 at the Hood River Aquatic Center. The junior squad for ages 10-13 will meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5:30-6:30 p.m., and the senior squad for ages 14-18 will meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6:30-8 p.m. The spring session will run through the end of May. New members are welcome. For more information, contact email@example.com or Dave Cameron at 541-806-3335.
County Forestry opens trails to OHV use
The Hood River County Forestry Department announced last week that trails on its property opened for off-highway vehicle use starting March 1. Trails have been open to the public but closed to motorized use over the winter. HRCF advises caution because about a third or half of the trails will still be under snow or blocked by downed timber from winter storms. County maintenance staff and volunteers will work on the trails to get them opened and get needed repairs completed.
For questions or to report trail issues, contact Henry Buckalew at 541-387-7089
Want to get a “Sports Brief” in the paper? Send information to Adam Lapierre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge