Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Water polo starts, adds new youth opportunites
Hood River Water Polo will be starting its spring season March 5 at the Hood River Aquatic Center. The junior squad for ages 10-13 will meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5:30-6:30 p.m., and the senior squad for ages 14-18 will meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6:30-8 p.m. The spring session will run through the end of May. New members are welcome. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Dave Cameron at 541-806-3335.
County Forestry opens trails to OHV use
The Hood River County Forestry Department announced last week that trails on its property opened for off-highway vehicle use starting March 1. Trails have been open to the public but closed to motorized use over the winter. HRCF advises caution because about a third or half of the trails will still be under snow or blocked by downed timber from winter storms. County maintenance staff and volunteers will work on the trails to get them opened and get needed repairs completed.
For questions or to report trail issues, contact Henry Buckalew at 541-387-7089
Want to get a “Sports Brief” in the paper? Send information to Adam Lapierre at email@example.com.
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events