Tuesday, March 12, 2013
Columbia Gorge Community College will offer a series of leadership seminars.
The monthly series start April 9 and will address improving communication, collaboration, confidence in supervisory abilities, and workplace productivity. Participants may choose the entire nine-month series or take individual seminars. Class dates start April 9.
All classes will be at the Hood River Indian Creek Campus, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Cost is $659 for the series or $89 per seminar. Pre-registration is required by calling 541-506-6011or visiting www.cgcc.cc.or.us.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Horizon Christian ‘changing skyscape’ with new building in 2006
- Teen pleads not guilty to stabbing HR woman
- Hearings begin this week on Longview coal terminal
- White River campground closed
- EnviroGorge announces bird quiz
- Letters to the Editor for May 25
- Santa Cruz, Fetkenhour April ‘Students of the Month’
- Picard resigns from Hood River city council over STR issue
- Cascade Locks city council continuing with Nestlé plans despite passage of 14-55
- An early exit for HRV boys lax, but not a disappointment
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge