Tuesday, March 12, 2013
The Hood River County School District Board of Directors has selected two candidates for its final round of interviews which are set for March 13.
The public is invited to meet the candidates in an informal setting at the Coe Primary building according to the following schedule: Dan Goldman will be available from 4-4:30 p.m. and Dr. Steven Skalka will be available from 5- 5:30 p.m.
Dan Goldman is currently the director of curriculum and instruction and elementary programs for the Tigard-Tualatin School District. Prior to his work in curriculum. Goldman received his bachelor’s degree from Evergreen State College in Olympia, Wash., and a master’s degree from Lewis and Clark College in Portland.
Dr. Steven Skalka is currently the assistant superintendent of human resources for the Lakeview School District in Battle Creek, Mich. Prior to his current position, Skalka served as Lakeview High School principal for 11 years, assistant high school principal and a math teacher.
Skalka received his bachelor’s degree from Bucknell University in Lewisburg, Penn., a master’s degree from Central Connecticut University in New Britain, Conn., and a Doctor of Education degree from the University of Michigan.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge