Tuesday, March 12, 2013
The Hood River County School District Board of Directors has selected two candidates for its final round of interviews which are set for March 13.
The public is invited to meet the candidates in an informal setting at the Coe Primary building according to the following schedule: Dan Goldman will be available from 4-4:30 p.m. and Dr. Steven Skalka will be available from 5- 5:30 p.m.
Dan Goldman is currently the director of curriculum and instruction and elementary programs for the Tigard-Tualatin School District. Prior to his work in curriculum. Goldman received his bachelor’s degree from Evergreen State College in Olympia, Wash., and a master’s degree from Lewis and Clark College in Portland.
Dr. Steven Skalka is currently the assistant superintendent of human resources for the Lakeview School District in Battle Creek, Mich. Prior to his current position, Skalka served as Lakeview High School principal for 11 years, assistant high school principal and a math teacher.
Skalka received his bachelor’s degree from Bucknell University in Lewisburg, Penn., a master’s degree from Central Connecticut University in New Britain, Conn., and a Doctor of Education degree from the University of Michigan.
More like this story
- Into the thick of 'thinning'
- Hood River School Board okays bond request
- What's going on for Valentine's and President's Day?
- Cascade Locks Port will rebuild historic engine building
- Gorge Foundation gains major donation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 13
- Arts center celebrates 10 years with free Kick-Off Party
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 13
- Editorial: Pool Queue
- City Council approves ‘symbolic’ step on gun control