Tuesday, March 12, 2013
The Hood River County School District Board of Directors has selected two candidates for its final round of interviews which are set for March 13.
The public is invited to meet the candidates in an informal setting at the Coe Primary building according to the following schedule: Dan Goldman will be available from 4-4:30 p.m. and Dr. Steven Skalka will be available from 5- 5:30 p.m.
Dan Goldman is currently the director of curriculum and instruction and elementary programs for the Tigard-Tualatin School District. Prior to his work in curriculum. Goldman received his bachelor’s degree from Evergreen State College in Olympia, Wash., and a master’s degree from Lewis and Clark College in Portland.
Dr. Steven Skalka is currently the assistant superintendent of human resources for the Lakeview School District in Battle Creek, Mich. Prior to his current position, Skalka served as Lakeview High School principal for 11 years, assistant high school principal and a math teacher.
Skalka received his bachelor’s degree from Bucknell University in Lewisburg, Penn., a master’s degree from Central Connecticut University in New Britain, Conn., and a Doctor of Education degree from the University of Michigan.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge