Tuesday, March 12, 2013
The Hood River County School District Board of Directors has selected two candidates for its final round of interviews which are set for March 13.
The public is invited to meet the candidates in an informal setting at the Coe Primary building according to the following schedule: Dan Goldman will be available from 4-4:30 p.m. and Dr. Steven Skalka will be available from 5- 5:30 p.m.
Dan Goldman is currently the director of curriculum and instruction and elementary programs for the Tigard-Tualatin School District. Prior to his work in curriculum. Goldman received his bachelor’s degree from Evergreen State College in Olympia, Wash., and a master’s degree from Lewis and Clark College in Portland.
Dr. Steven Skalka is currently the assistant superintendent of human resources for the Lakeview School District in Battle Creek, Mich. Prior to his current position, Skalka served as Lakeview High School principal for 11 years, assistant high school principal and a math teacher.
Skalka received his bachelor’s degree from Bucknell University in Lewisburg, Penn., a master’s degree from Central Connecticut University in New Britain, Conn., and a Doctor of Education degree from the University of Michigan.
More like this story
- ‘Weather Spotters’ training comes to CL
- Service announcement for Nov. 22 edition: Ned Marshall
- Death notices for Nov. 22 edition: Gerald Hopsicker, Nobi Akiyama and Westlake Cannon
- Columbia Gorge Hotel turns on its lights Nov. 25
- Betty and Kenny Short celebrate 65 years
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
Bagpipers perform at Fall Simple Gifts
The Portland Guard pipers prepare and then perform at the Fall Simple Gifts concert at Riverside Church Enlarge