Tuesday, March 12, 2013
The Wy’east High School Class of 1963 is planning its 50-year reunion for the weekend of July 20 and 21.
The event will open with a banquet Saturday evening at the Best Western Hood River Inn and will end with a Sunday potluck picnic at Toll Bridge Park.
The Parkdale-Wy’east Reunion will join the class at the park on Sunday and anyone graduating from Wy’east between 1952 and 1970 is invited, including teachers who taught during that period.
Cost for the weekend or dinner only is $79 for couples, $39 singles; for picnic only, by donation; for booklet and digital picture only, $4. (All costs include digital color class picture e-mailed to you and a booklet.) A few partial or full scholarships are available.
RSVP by June 1 to Ellen (Beers) Anthony at email@example.com. Make checks out to “Class of 1963 Wy’east” and send to Anthony at 811 Pine St., Hood River, OR 97031.
More like this story
- Service announcement for May 7: Margaret Workman Hill
- Death notice for May 7: Yoshio Kiyokawa
- Entertainment Update for May 7
- Plant sales this weekend benefit educational programs
- Sheriff Log, April 17 to 24
- Pet of the week: Dessa needs ‘room to use her hound nose’
- Letters to the editor for May 4
- ANOTHER VOICE: Passing countywide ordinance ‘is wrong’
- Yes to School Bond
- Going Solar: Amateur astronomer provides safe view of our nearest neighborhood star
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge