Friday, March 15, 2013
Are you detail oriented? Enjoy diving into a good mystery?
Wish you could be a Hood River County history trivia champ?
Become a research volunteer at The History Museum of Hood River County. There will be a training session March 20 at 1 p.m. at the museum, followed by a training session.
Researchers assist with outside research requests and internal projects for the museum, such as Cemetery Tales characters.
To learn more about being a member of the research team at The History Museum, contact Carly at email@example.com or 541-386-6772.
More like this story
- Hood River County to direct $550K for park septic fixes
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge