Wednesday, March 20, 2013
A decommissioning service for the Asbury United Methodist Church building will take place Sunday at 3 p.m. The community is welcome to attend.
The service formally ends the building’s status as a Methodist congregation place of worship.
Asbury and Our Redeemer Lutheran Church formally united in December, and the Asbury building on State Street has been sold.
Rev. Lowell Greathouse, district superintendent for Oregon-Idaho, will preach during the service.
Participating in the service will be Our Redeemer Pastor Andrew Wendle and two former Asbury pastors, Christina Thompson Fridel and Reina Frisbee.
Andy von Flotow of Hood River purchased the Asbury building for $325,000 and will continue to lease the ground floor to Bright Beginnings preschool, the longtime tenant of the space.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Students from Hood River selected for China trip
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge