Wednesday, March 20, 2013
A decommissioning service for the Asbury United Methodist Church building will take place Sunday at 3 p.m. The community is welcome to attend.
The service formally ends the building’s status as a Methodist congregation place of worship.
Asbury and Our Redeemer Lutheran Church formally united in December, and the Asbury building on State Street has been sold.
Rev. Lowell Greathouse, district superintendent for Oregon-Idaho, will preach during the service.
Participating in the service will be Our Redeemer Pastor Andrew Wendle and two former Asbury pastors, Christina Thompson Fridel and Reina Frisbee.
Andy von Flotow of Hood River purchased the Asbury building for $325,000 and will continue to lease the ground floor to Bright Beginnings preschool, the longtime tenant of the space.
More like this story
- Gratitude goes out for acts of help and hospitality
- Hood River Elks Lodge makes donation to Meals on Wheels
- Police Log, Sept. 28 to Oct. 4
- Public Records, Building Permits, County, September 2015
- Upset! HRV takes down The Dalles, clinches first play-in spot since 2012
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 10
- Quick start propels HRV girls soccer to victory over Hermiston
- Water polo teams poised to make runs at the state title
- Port begins lower Hanel mill ground work
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 10
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge