Wednesday, March 20, 2013
A decommissioning service for the Asbury United Methodist Church building will take place Sunday at 3 p.m. The community is welcome to attend.
The service formally ends the building’s status as a Methodist congregation place of worship.
Asbury and Our Redeemer Lutheran Church formally united in December, and the Asbury building on State Street has been sold.
Rev. Lowell Greathouse, district superintendent for Oregon-Idaho, will preach during the service.
Participating in the service will be Our Redeemer Pastor Andrew Wendle and two former Asbury pastors, Christina Thompson Fridel and Reina Frisbee.
Andy von Flotow of Hood River purchased the Asbury building for $325,000 and will continue to lease the ground floor to Bright Beginnings preschool, the longtime tenant of the space.
More like this story
- Aporkalypse: Bacon contest fattens coffers at Helping Hands
- The Ale List: ‘Zwickelmania’ returns, Full Sail taps Wheatwine
- YESTERYEARS: DaKine, Pro Motion relocating to Hood River in 1986
- Cascade Observations: Sweetness of Winter
- Parenting program starts in Cascade Locks
- Second Saturday will be all about pilots
- Five Gorge wines earn medals
- Revenue steps up fraud, identity theft prevention
- Father of the Bride
- City, county support affordable housing bill