Wednesday, March 20, 2013
A decommissioning service for the Asbury United Methodist Church building will take place Sunday at 3 p.m. The community is welcome to attend.
The service formally ends the building’s status as a Methodist congregation place of worship.
Asbury and Our Redeemer Lutheran Church formally united in December, and the Asbury building on State Street has been sold.
Rev. Lowell Greathouse, district superintendent for Oregon-Idaho, will preach during the service.
Participating in the service will be Our Redeemer Pastor Andrew Wendle and two former Asbury pastors, Christina Thompson Fridel and Reina Frisbee.
Andy von Flotow of Hood River purchased the Asbury building for $325,000 and will continue to lease the ground floor to Bright Beginnings preschool, the longtime tenant of the space.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge