Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Nikole Bloodworth and Marcus Van Laar, both of Hood River, have announced their engagement. They will be married Sept. 7, 2013, at Wind Mountain Ranch in Stevenson, Wash.
The bride-to-be is the daughter of Amy Bloodworth, of Hood River. She is a 2009 graduate of Hood River Valley High School and is currently a nursing student at Columbia Gorge Community College and also works as a data integrity specialist at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital.
The future groom is the son of Carolee Van Laar, of Home Valley, Wash., and Benjamin Van Laar, of Roosevelt, Wash. He is a 2003 graduate of Trout Lake School and earned his associate degree in 2010 from National College of Technical Instruction’s College of Emergency Services. He is currently employed as an engineer/paramedic with the Hood River Fire Department.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge