Originally published March 20, 2013 at 10:00a.m., updated March 20, 2013 at 10:00a.m.
James “Jim” Edwin Rosenback, 64, of Vancouver, Wash., passed away March 15, 2013, at the Portland Veterans Medical Center. Jim was born May 22, 1948, in Hood River, Ore.
Services are planned for 1 p.m. Saturday, March 23, at Cascade Locks Community Church, 5 S.W. Benson Ave., with interment and military honors to follow at the Cascade Locks Cemetery.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit http://www.andersonstributecenter.com/book-of-memories/1522556/Rosenback-James/view-condolences.php to leave a note of condolence for family.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for May 25
- Death announcement for May 23: Anna Olson
- Hood River Valley wins 5A boys track title
- Water bottling ban passes, legal questions remain
- Murder suspect bails out, gets jailed again
- On the Marks: Dist. 52 candidates talk next moves
- Women pastors lead all three UCC congregations in the Gorge
- Fresh Start Culinary Arts seeks applicants for summer
- ‘Reimagine Education’ community forum happens May 26
- Entertainment update
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge