Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Every April, artists from around the Gorge open their studios for the public to visit.
This year, Columbia Art Gallery is exhibiting the work of participating artists during March, and giving the community a chance to get a sneak peak of work on the tour.
In addition to the show, Columbia Art Gallery will be having artist demos every Saturday in March. Stop by from noon to 3 p.m. and chat with artists about their process and techniques.
Artists include Sarah Burr Arnold, Aimee Herrings Brewer, Donna Bender, Margaret M. Burkhart, Jan Byrkit, Carolyn Crystal, Ann Fleming, Charlene Fort, Stephanie Johnston, Kenton and Liza Jones, Christine Knowles, Luise Langheinrich, Sorcha Meek, Peggy Ohlson, Lisa Peterson, Kelly Phipps, Beth Poirier, Cathleen Rehfeld, Mary Rollins, JoDean Sarins, Elizabeth See, Linda Steider, Cyndi Strid, Bill Sturman, Melanie Thompson, Jan Turner, Kathryn Watne, Karen Watson and Charlotte Van Zant-King.
The exhibit runs through March 31. Entry to the gallery is always free.
In addition to the show, Columbia Art Gallery will debut its new art space in March called the Nook. The Nook is a section of the Gallery devoted to monthly one-person shows. The first Nook artist of 2013 is Linda Steider, a glass maker from White Salmon.
Steider has been involved in glassmaking since 1996 when a friend introduced her to kiln-formed glass. After 20 years of being a fiber artist, she took up her “glass passion” and has never looked back. Her work can be seen all over the world, including at the Columbia Art Gallery.
Other new work in the gallery includes pottery by Bernadette LeLevier and paintings by Beth Lyons.
For more information call Columbia Center for the Arts at 541-387-8877 during Center hours, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday through Sunday, or visit www.columbiaarts.org.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge