Wednesday, March 20, 2013
The next Hood River Watershed Group meeting will include a water quality technology presentation by Charlie Allen, vice president of Wilkins, Kaiser & Olson, owner of Mt. Hood Forest Products in Mt. Hood.
White will speak on the Mt. Hood Forest Products Mill and recent storm water upgrades at the facility. The meeting will be at 7 p.m. at the OSU Extension meeting room.
The meeting will be the last one for Watershed Group Coordinator Steve Stampfli, who has retired after six years as coordinator.
WKO acquired the mill in 2001, and retooled the facility in 2004 and 2005 for producing high-quality, green Douglas fir 2-by-4s and 2-by-6s. Today Mt. Hood produces 100 million board feet of lumber annually.
More like this story
- Service announcement for Nov. 25
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge