Wednesday, March 20, 2013
The next Hood River Watershed Group meeting will include a water quality technology presentation by Charlie Allen, vice president of Wilkins, Kaiser & Olson, owner of Mt. Hood Forest Products in Mt. Hood.
White will speak on the Mt. Hood Forest Products Mill and recent storm water upgrades at the facility. The meeting will be at 7 p.m. at the OSU Extension meeting room.
The meeting will be the last one for Watershed Group Coordinator Steve Stampfli, who has retired after six years as coordinator.
WKO acquired the mill in 2001, and retooled the facility in 2004 and 2005 for producing high-quality, green Douglas fir 2-by-4s and 2-by-6s. Today Mt. Hood produces 100 million board feet of lumber annually.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge