Wednesday, March 20, 2013
The next Hood River Watershed Group meeting will include a water quality technology presentation by Charlie Allen, vice president of Wilkins, Kaiser & Olson, owner of Mt. Hood Forest Products in Mt. Hood.
White will speak on the Mt. Hood Forest Products Mill and recent storm water upgrades at the facility. The meeting will be at 7 p.m. at the OSU Extension meeting room.
The meeting will be the last one for Watershed Group Coordinator Steve Stampfli, who has retired after six years as coordinator.
WKO acquired the mill in 2001, and retooled the facility in 2004 and 2005 for producing high-quality, green Douglas fir 2-by-4s and 2-by-6s. Today Mt. Hood produces 100 million board feet of lumber annually.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge