Wednesday, March 20, 2013
The next Hood River Watershed Group meeting will include a water quality technology presentation by Charlie Allen, vice president of Wilkins, Kaiser & Olson, owner of Mt. Hood Forest Products in Mt. Hood.
White will speak on the Mt. Hood Forest Products Mill and recent storm water upgrades at the facility. The meeting will be at 7 p.m. at the OSU Extension meeting room.
The meeting will be the last one for Watershed Group Coordinator Steve Stampfli, who has retired after six years as coordinator.
WKO acquired the mill in 2001, and retooled the facility in 2004 and 2005 for producing high-quality, green Douglas fir 2-by-4s and 2-by-6s. Today Mt. Hood produces 100 million board feet of lumber annually.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Turkey Trot happens Thanksgiving morning
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River will soon have its own aviation school in 1927
- Christmas Project: Where and when to sign up, and how to help
- Lisa Muñoz: Talking steps toward broadening community
- Museum’s ‘Latino Experience’ on display through December
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 22
- Another Voice: Grad Student Tax hinders diversity and innovation of higher education
- Remains Wall
- Oregon Parks takes input on adding tribal governments to veterans grant programs
- Sheriff Log, Nov. 5 to 18
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge