Wednesday, March 20, 2013
The next Hood River Watershed Group meeting will include a water quality technology presentation by Charlie Allen, vice president of Wilkins, Kaiser & Olson, owner of Mt. Hood Forest Products in Mt. Hood.
White will speak on the Mt. Hood Forest Products Mill and recent storm water upgrades at the facility. The meeting will be at 7 p.m. at the OSU Extension meeting room.
The meeting will be the last one for Watershed Group Coordinator Steve Stampfli, who has retired after six years as coordinator.
WKO acquired the mill in 2001, and retooled the facility in 2004 and 2005 for producing high-quality, green Douglas fir 2-by-4s and 2-by-6s. Today Mt. Hood produces 100 million board feet of lumber annually.
More like this story
- Parkdale Pumpkin parade, fun run Oct. 29
- HR artist crafts White Salmon sign
- Three appeals filed on UP’s Mosier track project
- Search suspended for west Gorge hiker
- Yesteryears: Trailer-house colony plan to ease housing shortage abandoned in 1946
- Police Log, Oct. 1 to 8
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 26
- ‘Remember Minoru’: Hood River community honors a civil rights hero
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 26
- The Ale List: pFriem ranks tops in Oregonian brewery list
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge