Wednesday, March 20, 2013
On March 13, the Port of Cascade Locks placed traffic controls on the Bridge of the Gods due to requirements from the Federal Highway Administration and Oregon Department of Transportation.
Flaggers at each end of the bridge will control traffic weekeays, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Flaggers will alternate trucks up to 80,000 GVW over the bridge.
From 3 p.m. to 8 a.m., and during weekends, the bridge is controlled by temporary weight restriction signs limiting trucks planning to cross the bridge to 60,000 GVW.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge