Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Registration is now open for the Regards to Rural Conference at Oregon State University in Corvallis, Friday and Saturday, June 21-22, with a pre-session by Michael Shuman, conference keynoter, on June 20.
Join with others to renew your energy, share practices, and spark innovative ideas for strengthening the economic vitality and social vibrancy of rural communities.
Conference highlights include keynotes from Michael Shuman, author of “Local Dollars, Local Sense,” and Chuck Fluharty, founding director of the Rural Policy Research Institute.
Also planned are a funders panel, sessions focused on rural wealth creation, economic vitality, food systems, leadership development, entrepreneurship, and frontier living, networking opportunities and delicious local and seasonal food.
For more information and to register, visit:
The conference offers “early bird” discounts for registering by May 5.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge