Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Registration is now open for the Regards to Rural Conference at Oregon State University in Corvallis, Friday and Saturday, June 21-22, with a pre-session by Michael Shuman, conference keynoter, on June 20.
Join with others to renew your energy, share practices, and spark innovative ideas for strengthening the economic vitality and social vibrancy of rural communities.
Conference highlights include keynotes from Michael Shuman, author of “Local Dollars, Local Sense,” and Chuck Fluharty, founding director of the Rural Policy Research Institute.
Also planned are a funders panel, sessions focused on rural wealth creation, economic vitality, food systems, leadership development, entrepreneurship, and frontier living, networking opportunities and delicious local and seasonal food.
For more information and to register, visit:
The conference offers “early bird” discounts for registering by May 5.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for June 21
- Another Voice: New legislation is win-win for community college students
- Fight leads to reported stabbing in Cascade Locks
- Former Hood River resident dies in wreck on I-84
- Columbia sturgeon season returns
- High Prairie Firehouse Sale back this weekend
- Roots and Branches: High energy children and the belief to succeed
- Entertainment Update for June 21
- Loretta and Patsy: Together Again
- Sports briefs for June 21
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge