Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Registration is now open for the Regards to Rural Conference at Oregon State University in Corvallis, Friday and Saturday, June 21-22, with a pre-session by Michael Shuman, conference keynoter, on June 20.
Join with others to renew your energy, share practices, and spark innovative ideas for strengthening the economic vitality and social vibrancy of rural communities.
Conference highlights include keynotes from Michael Shuman, author of “Local Dollars, Local Sense,” and Chuck Fluharty, founding director of the Rural Policy Research Institute.
Also planned are a funders panel, sessions focused on rural wealth creation, economic vitality, food systems, leadership development, entrepreneurship, and frontier living, networking opportunities and delicious local and seasonal food.
For more information and to register, visit:
The conference offers “early bird” discounts for registering by May 5.
More like this story
- Team Osprey competes in Bend Winter Invitational
- Sports briefs for Dec. 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 13
- Off the Rails: Protest oil train regulation rollback
- Hood River Bridge replacement: Understanding the WHATs
- Sheriff's Log, Nov. 26 to Dec. 10
- Happiness Month profile: Slowing down with ‘The Daily Three’
- Menorah Installed
- How to help during the holidays
- Students of the Month: Elks Lodge honors Zorza and Castañeda