Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Registration is now open for the Regards to Rural Conference at Oregon State University in Corvallis, Friday and Saturday, June 21-22, with a pre-session by Michael Shuman, conference keynoter, on June 20.
Join with others to renew your energy, share practices, and spark innovative ideas for strengthening the economic vitality and social vibrancy of rural communities.
Conference highlights include keynotes from Michael Shuman, author of “Local Dollars, Local Sense,” and Chuck Fluharty, founding director of the Rural Policy Research Institute.
Also planned are a funders panel, sessions focused on rural wealth creation, economic vitality, food systems, leadership development, entrepreneurship, and frontier living, networking opportunities and delicious local and seasonal food.
For more information and to register, visit:
The conference offers “early bird” discounts for registering by May 5.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge