Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Paul and Frances (Kile) Stolhand will celebrate 65 years of marriage next month.
They were married April 3, 1948, in White Salmon, Wash., with Russell Stolhand and Dale Kile as attendants.
Paul retired in 1983 after working for 36 years at Diamond Fruit as a truck driver. Frances works as a homemaker.
Paul moved to Hood River from Oklahoma after World War II, and Frances has lived in the Hood River Valley for 90 years.
They currently live in Odell, where Paul is a longtime member of the Odell Fire Department. Frances is a member of Busy Fingers Hood River Hospital Volunteers.
The couple had five children: Larry Churchill, of Lewiston, Wash., Darell Churchill, of Crooked River Ranch, Ore., Jo Stolhand, of Salt Lake City, Utah, Ken Stolhand, of Rhododendron, Ore., and Paula Stolhand, deceased.
They also have five grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge