Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Paul and Frances (Kile) Stolhand will celebrate 65 years of marriage next month.
They were married April 3, 1948, in White Salmon, Wash., with Russell Stolhand and Dale Kile as attendants.
Paul retired in 1983 after working for 36 years at Diamond Fruit as a truck driver. Frances works as a homemaker.
Paul moved to Hood River from Oklahoma after World War II, and Frances has lived in the Hood River Valley for 90 years.
They currently live in Odell, where Paul is a longtime member of the Odell Fire Department. Frances is a member of Busy Fingers Hood River Hospital Volunteers.
The couple had five children: Larry Churchill, of Lewiston, Wash., Darell Churchill, of Crooked River Ranch, Ore., Jo Stolhand, of Salt Lake City, Utah, Ken Stolhand, of Rhododendron, Ore., and Paula Stolhand, deceased.
They also have five grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren.
More like this story
- Motorcyclist killed in spilled lumber crash
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- Shoreline trail widened under HR Bridge
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge