Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Paul and Frances (Kile) Stolhand will celebrate 65 years of marriage next month.
They were married April 3, 1948, in White Salmon, Wash., with Russell Stolhand and Dale Kile as attendants.
Paul retired in 1983 after working for 36 years at Diamond Fruit as a truck driver. Frances works as a homemaker.
Paul moved to Hood River from Oklahoma after World War II, and Frances has lived in the Hood River Valley for 90 years.
They currently live in Odell, where Paul is a longtime member of the Odell Fire Department. Frances is a member of Busy Fingers Hood River Hospital Volunteers.
The couple had five children: Larry Churchill, of Lewiston, Wash., Darell Churchill, of Crooked River Ranch, Ore., Jo Stolhand, of Salt Lake City, Utah, Ken Stolhand, of Rhododendron, Ore., and Paula Stolhand, deceased.
They also have five grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren.
More like this story
- With changes, ‘Relay For Life’ moves to marina
- Lipps resigns from CL Port
- Porch for July 2, 2016
- ‘We never cry over spilled wine’
- Tour mill and logging sites July 16
- The Ale List: Breweries wheel a tart pale collaboration
- Sports briefs for July 2, 2016
- Antique cars tour Historic Highway
- Entertainment update for July 2, 2016
- Letters to the Editor for July 2, 2017
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge