Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Are you detail oriented? Enjoy diving into a good mystery? Wish you could be a Hood River County history trivia champ? Become a research volunteer at The History Museum.
The museum’s next training session will be held Wednesday, March 20, at 1 p.m. and will be followed by a practice session.
Researchers assist with outside research requests and internal projects for the museum, such as Cemetery Tales characters.
To learn more about being a member of the research team at The History Museum, contact Carly at email@example.com or 541-386-6772.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge