Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Columbia Gorge Winegrowers Celebration hosts its annual Hospice Gala on Saturday, April 6, at 5:30 p.m. at the Best Western Hood River Inn.
The event supports the efforts of Heart of Hospice Foundation.
Attendees will have an opportunity to meet winemakers and winegrowers and discover the variety of wines from the Columbia Gorge. Live and silent auctions are planned. Tickets are $75 and include wine tasting, dinner and hors d’oeuvres, silent and live auction and live music and dancing.
Tickets are available for purchase by calling 541-490-1320 or visiting GorgeWine.com.
The event kicks off with a silent auction, while wineries pour samplings of their wares. Dinner follows with a live auction including winemaker dinners, and other wine-themed packages.
Wine bottles will be painted by local Gorge artists and will be available for bidding in the silent auction and throughout dinner.
Each guest will receive a Columbia Gorge Winery Passport, featuring 27 wineries with special offers for the weekend of April 12-14.
More like this story
- Hawk Migration Festival Sept. 23
- Rain eases Eagle Creek Fire, evacuations lifted
- Death Notices for Sept. 19 edition: John Wishart, Linda Fowler, William Weis, James Clifton and Crisoforo Galvan-Herrera
- Service Announcement for Sept. 20 edition: Charles Hiatt
- Evacuations lifted for all Hood River Valley
- ‘Boot Scootin’ Boogie Ball’ Oct. 7
- Weed of the month: English ivy
- Introduction to geocaching meeting Sept. 30 in Parkdale
- Smithsonian’s ‘Museum Day Live!’ celebrated at local museums
- Remembrance ceremony Oct. 15
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge