Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Columbia Gorge Winegrowers Celebration hosts its annual Hospice Gala on Saturday, April 6, at 5:30 p.m. at the Best Western Hood River Inn.
The event supports the efforts of Heart of Hospice Foundation.
Attendees will have an opportunity to meet winemakers and winegrowers and discover the variety of wines from the Columbia Gorge. Live and silent auctions are planned. Tickets are $75 and include wine tasting, dinner and hors d’oeuvres, silent and live auction and live music and dancing.
Tickets are available for purchase by calling 541-490-1320 or visiting GorgeWine.com.
The event kicks off with a silent auction, while wineries pour samplings of their wares. Dinner follows with a live auction including winemaker dinners, and other wine-themed packages.
Wine bottles will be painted by local Gorge artists and will be available for bidding in the silent auction and throughout dinner.
Each guest will receive a Columbia Gorge Winery Passport, featuring 27 wineries with special offers for the weekend of April 12-14.
More like this story
- Gorge quilters featured in area shows this summer and fall
- Entertainment Update for July 30
- ‘American Pickers’ seeks local troves
- Richard Tillinghast concert at library Aug 10
- Gorge Soup art grant applications due Aug. 20
- Elections 2016: Gudman talks state treasurer bid during Hood River visit
- Ways of the Wind: July weather a windfall
- ‘Officer Friendly’ Sergeant Jesse Flem retires after 30 years
- Summer construction closes roads in Mount Hood National Forest
- Chief Wells resigns from Fire Dept.
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge