Friday, March 22, 2013
Columbia Art Gallery has issued a call for entries to professional and amateur photographers to submit their finest scenic, close-up and artistic renderings of wildflowers from the Columbia River Gorge area.
A collection of 40 entries will be selected to be displayed at the gallery for the July 2013 show titled, “The Earth Laughs in Flowers.” Three finalists will be unveiled on Friday, July 5, during the First Friday art opening. The contest is sponsored by Pro Photo Supply, Friends of the Columbia Gorge and Columbia Center for the Arts.
Professionals and amateurs may enter.
Photos must be digital only.
Deadline: May 27
Entry fee: $25 for first five images
All the entry fees go to support the nonprofit Columbia Art Gallery in Hood River.
First: $500 gift card to Pro Photo Supply
Second: $300 gift card to Pro Photo Supply
Third: $200 gift card to Pro Photo Supply
For details on the show, delivery and suggested pricing, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
- Shoreline trail widened under HR Bridge
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge