Friday, March 22, 2013
Columbia Art Gallery has issued a call for entries to professional and amateur photographers to submit their finest scenic, close-up and artistic renderings of wildflowers from the Columbia River Gorge area.
A collection of 40 entries will be selected to be displayed at the gallery for the July 2013 show titled, “The Earth Laughs in Flowers.” Three finalists will be unveiled on Friday, July 5, during the First Friday art opening. The contest is sponsored by Pro Photo Supply, Friends of the Columbia Gorge and Columbia Center for the Arts.
Professionals and amateurs may enter.
Photos must be digital only.
Deadline: May 27
Entry fee: $25 for first five images
All the entry fees go to support the nonprofit Columbia Art Gallery in Hood River.
First: $500 gift card to Pro Photo Supply
Second: $300 gift card to Pro Photo Supply
Third: $200 gift card to Pro Photo Supply
For details on the show, delivery and suggested pricing, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge