Friday, March 22, 2013
Columbia Art Gallery has issued a call for entries to professional and amateur photographers to submit their finest scenic, close-up and artistic renderings of wildflowers from the Columbia River Gorge area.
A collection of 40 entries will be selected to be displayed at the gallery for the July 2013 show titled, “The Earth Laughs in Flowers.” Three finalists will be unveiled on Friday, July 5, during the First Friday art opening. The contest is sponsored by Pro Photo Supply, Friends of the Columbia Gorge and Columbia Center for the Arts.
Professionals and amateurs may enter.
Photos must be digital only.
Deadline: May 27
Entry fee: $25 for first five images
All the entry fees go to support the nonprofit Columbia Art Gallery in Hood River.
First: $500 gift card to Pro Photo Supply
Second: $300 gift card to Pro Photo Supply
Third: $200 gift card to Pro Photo Supply
For details on the show, delivery and suggested pricing, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Schools seek applicants for budget panel
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge