Friday, March 22, 2013
Columbia Art Gallery has issued a call for entries to professional and amateur photographers to submit their finest scenic, close-up and artistic renderings of wildflowers from the Columbia River Gorge area.
A collection of 40 entries will be selected to be displayed at the gallery for the July 2013 show titled, “The Earth Laughs in Flowers.” Three finalists will be unveiled on Friday, July 5, during the First Friday art opening. The contest is sponsored by Pro Photo Supply, Friends of the Columbia Gorge and Columbia Center for the Arts.
Professionals and amateurs may enter.
Photos must be digital only.
Deadline: May 27
Entry fee: $25 for first five images
All the entry fees go to support the nonprofit Columbia Art Gallery in Hood River.
First: $500 gift card to Pro Photo Supply
Second: $300 gift card to Pro Photo Supply
Third: $200 gift card to Pro Photo Supply
For details on the show, delivery and suggested pricing, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge