Friday, March 22, 2013
Kids, got a business or community activity idea?
Put your idea together, present it to a bunch of adults and you could get some money to get it started.
The deadline to submit applications for Gorge Soup for Kids is April 17.
The next Gorge Soup event, for kids, will be May 14 at Springhouse Cellar Winery.
Tickets for Gorge Soup for Kids are $35 apiece. To purchase tickets, go to: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/282394.
At Gorge Soup, people have dinner, hear “pitches” from those requesting funding, and then vote.
At the last Gorge Soup for Kids, the winner received more than $1,700 with two other student groups winning as well. (Keenan Collins, 15, started his teen gallery, New Leaf, with his grant.)
Applications are to be mailed and postmarked by April 17, and sent to the following address: Gorge Soup, 14 Oak St., Ste. 302, Hood River, OR 97031. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
For details email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge