Friday, March 22, 2013
Kids, got a business or community activity idea?
Put your idea together, present it to a bunch of adults and you could get some money to get it started.
The deadline to submit applications for Gorge Soup for Kids is April 17.
The next Gorge Soup event, for kids, will be May 14 at Springhouse Cellar Winery.
Tickets for Gorge Soup for Kids are $35 apiece. To purchase tickets, go to: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/282394.
At Gorge Soup, people have dinner, hear “pitches” from those requesting funding, and then vote.
At the last Gorge Soup for Kids, the winner received more than $1,700 with two other student groups winning as well. (Keenan Collins, 15, started his teen gallery, New Leaf, with his grant.)
Applications are to be mailed and postmarked by April 17, and sent to the following address: Gorge Soup, 14 Oak St., Ste. 302, Hood River, OR 97031. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
For details email email@example.com.
More like this story
- Update -- Police seeking man involved in kidnapping between Mosier, Portland
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge