Friday, March 22, 2013
Kids, got a business or community activity idea?
Put your idea together, present it to a bunch of adults and you could get some money to get it started.
The deadline to submit applications for Gorge Soup for Kids is April 17.
The next Gorge Soup event, for kids, will be May 14 at Springhouse Cellar Winery.
Tickets for Gorge Soup for Kids are $35 apiece. To purchase tickets, go to: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/282394.
At Gorge Soup, people have dinner, hear “pitches” from those requesting funding, and then vote.
At the last Gorge Soup for Kids, the winner received more than $1,700 with two other student groups winning as well. (Keenan Collins, 15, started his teen gallery, New Leaf, with his grant.)
Applications are to be mailed and postmarked by April 17, and sent to the following address: Gorge Soup, 14 Oak St., Ste. 302, Hood River, OR 97031. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
For details email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Gorge quilters featured in area shows this summer and fall
- Entertainment Update for July 30
- ‘American Pickers’ seeks local troves
- Richard Tillinghast concert at library Aug 10
- Gorge Soup art grant applications due Aug. 20
- Elections 2016: Gudman talks state treasurer bid during Hood River visit
- Ways of the Wind: July weather a windfall
- ‘Officer Friendly’ Sergeant Jesse Flem retires after 30 years
- Summer construction closes roads in Mount Hood National Forest
- Chief Wells resigns from Fire Dept.
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge