Friday, March 22, 2013
Kids, got a business or community activity idea?
Put your idea together, present it to a bunch of adults and you could get some money to get it started.
The deadline to submit applications for Gorge Soup for Kids is April 17.
The next Gorge Soup event, for kids, will be May 14 at Springhouse Cellar Winery.
Tickets for Gorge Soup for Kids are $35 apiece. To purchase tickets, go to: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/282394.
At Gorge Soup, people have dinner, hear “pitches” from those requesting funding, and then vote.
At the last Gorge Soup for Kids, the winner received more than $1,700 with two other student groups winning as well. (Keenan Collins, 15, started his teen gallery, New Leaf, with his grant.)
Applications are to be mailed and postmarked by April 17, and sent to the following address: Gorge Soup, 14 Oak St., Ste. 302, Hood River, OR 97031. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
For details email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Aporkalypse: Bacon contest fattens coffers at Helping Hands
- The Ale List: ‘Zwickelmania’ returns, Full Sail taps Wheatwine
- YESTERYEARS: DaKine, Pro Motion relocating to Hood River in 1986
- Cascade Observations: Sweetness of Winter
- Parenting program starts in Cascade Locks
- Second Saturday will be all about pilots
- Five Gorge wines earn medals
- Revenue steps up fraud, identity theft prevention
- Father of the Bride
- City, county support affordable housing bill