Friday, March 22, 2013
The City of Bingen is inviting all Gorge residents to join a fund evening of fundraising March 23 to help raise the remaining funds to finish the Bingen community’s skate park. The event, held at the Bingen School House (210 N. Cedar, Bingen, Wash.), starts at 5:30 p.m. with a social hour and silent-auction. A buffet dinner, music and a live auction will follow. Tickets are $15 each or $25 for two, available at the door.
The City hopes to raise enough money to increase the size of the popular skate space, which will include adding a series of bowls for different ability levels.
The auction will feature a large variety of items and, to help reach the $70,000 fundraising goal, local businesses Innovative Composite Engineering and SDS Lumber Company have pledged to match all funds raised up to $10,000 each.
The City of Bingen would like to thank all GorgeOut event volunteers, sponsors and businesses for their generous contributions to the community effort.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge