Friday, March 22, 2013
The City of Bingen is inviting all Gorge residents to join a fund evening of fundraising March 23 to help raise the remaining funds to finish the Bingen community’s skate park. The event, held at the Bingen School House (210 N. Cedar, Bingen, Wash.), starts at 5:30 p.m. with a social hour and silent-auction. A buffet dinner, music and a live auction will follow. Tickets are $15 each or $25 for two, available at the door.
The City hopes to raise enough money to increase the size of the popular skate space, which will include adding a series of bowls for different ability levels.
The auction will feature a large variety of items and, to help reach the $70,000 fundraising goal, local businesses Innovative Composite Engineering and SDS Lumber Company have pledged to match all funds raised up to $10,000 each.
The City of Bingen would like to thank all GorgeOut event volunteers, sponsors and businesses for their generous contributions to the community effort.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge