Friday, March 22, 2013
The City of Bingen is inviting all Gorge residents to join a fund evening of fundraising March 23 to help raise the remaining funds to finish the Bingen community’s skate park. The event, held at the Bingen School House (210 N. Cedar, Bingen, Wash.), starts at 5:30 p.m. with a social hour and silent-auction. A buffet dinner, music and a live auction will follow. Tickets are $15 each or $25 for two, available at the door.
The City hopes to raise enough money to increase the size of the popular skate space, which will include adding a series of bowls for different ability levels.
The auction will feature a large variety of items and, to help reach the $70,000 fundraising goal, local businesses Innovative Composite Engineering and SDS Lumber Company have pledged to match all funds raised up to $10,000 each.
The City of Bingen would like to thank all GorgeOut event volunteers, sponsors and businesses for their generous contributions to the community effort.
More like this story
- Team Osprey competes in Bend Winter Invitational
- Sports briefs for Dec. 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 13
- Off the Rails: Protest oil train regulation rollback
- Hood River Bridge replacement: Understanding the WHATs
- Sheriff's Log, Nov. 26 to Dec. 10
- Happiness Month profile: Slowing down with ‘The Daily Three’
- Menorah Installed
- How to help during the holidays
- Students of the Month: Elks Lodge honors Zorza and Castañeda
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge