Friday, March 22, 2013
The City of Bingen is inviting all Gorge residents to join a fund evening of fundraising March 23 to help raise the remaining funds to finish the Bingen community’s skate park. The event, held at the Bingen School House (210 N. Cedar, Bingen, Wash.), starts at 5:30 p.m. with a social hour and silent-auction. A buffet dinner, music and a live auction will follow. Tickets are $15 each or $25 for two, available at the door.
The City hopes to raise enough money to increase the size of the popular skate space, which will include adding a series of bowls for different ability levels.
The auction will feature a large variety of items and, to help reach the $70,000 fundraising goal, local businesses Innovative Composite Engineering and SDS Lumber Company have pledged to match all funds raised up to $10,000 each.
The City of Bingen would like to thank all GorgeOut event volunteers, sponsors and businesses for their generous contributions to the community effort.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
- Fire season is here: enjoy yourself, safely and legally
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge