Friday, March 22, 2013
The City of Bingen is inviting all Gorge residents to join a fund evening of fundraising March 23 to help raise the remaining funds to finish the Bingen community’s skate park. The event, held at the Bingen School House (210 N. Cedar, Bingen, Wash.), starts at 5:30 p.m. with a social hour and silent-auction. A buffet dinner, music and a live auction will follow. Tickets are $15 each or $25 for two, available at the door.
The City hopes to raise enough money to increase the size of the popular skate space, which will include adding a series of bowls for different ability levels.
The auction will feature a large variety of items and, to help reach the $70,000 fundraising goal, local businesses Innovative Composite Engineering and SDS Lumber Company have pledged to match all funds raised up to $10,000 each.
The City of Bingen would like to thank all GorgeOut event volunteers, sponsors and businesses for their generous contributions to the community effort.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for April 29
- Library District wins award for Odell Library Express project
- OSU spring plant sale canceled
- HRVHS music students win spots at state championships in May
- Summer youth employment at Next Door
- Patterson takes second at Oregon Speech event
- Delta Kappa marks 50 years, holds Spring Fling Bingo May 13
- Steelhead Robotics returns from World event
- Local students named to OSU honor roll
- Destination Imagination team prepares for Global Finals
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge