Friday, March 22, 2013
NW Natural gas is reporting a phone scam in which scammers claiming to be from NW Natural tell customers they have a past due payment that must be paid immediately with cash to avoid shut off. The customer is given details on where to wire the cash payment.
Wiring payments is never a method used by NW Natural, company officials said. If you receive a suspicious call, try to get the phone number and then report it to police, and NW Natural at 800-422-4012.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge