Friday, March 22, 2013
NW Natural gas is reporting a phone scam in which scammers claiming to be from NW Natural tell customers they have a past due payment that must be paid immediately with cash to avoid shut off. The customer is given details on where to wire the cash payment.
Wiring payments is never a method used by NW Natural, company officials said. If you receive a suspicious call, try to get the phone number and then report it to police, and NW Natural at 800-422-4012.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge