Friday, March 22, 2013
NW Natural gas is reporting a phone scam in which scammers claiming to be from NW Natural tell customers they have a past due payment that must be paid immediately with cash to avoid shut off. The customer is given details on where to wire the cash payment.
Wiring payments is never a method used by NW Natural, company officials said. If you receive a suspicious call, try to get the phone number and then report it to police, and NW Natural at 800-422-4012.
More like this story
- Gorge Independence Day: Your local guide to July 4th
- Fireworks: ‘Keep it safe, keep it legal’
- Youth mobile nutrition program returns at two Hood River locations
- County board slates $200K in Windmaster Plan for Airport
- ‘Stick to the Westside plan’
- Letters to the Editor for June 28
- Math in a Basket: a second grade teacher sees the connections
- Public Records: Building Records
- Find Your Park
- YESTERYEARS ‘Capacity crowd’ fills Hood River High School auditorium for Flag Day in 1947
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge