Friday, March 22, 2013
Hood River’s Special Olympics team concluded its winter season recently with the Special Olympics of Oregon State Championships March 8-10 at Mt. Bachelor. Pictured are team members Joe Cannon, Dylan Bigelow, Kardell Mann, Charles Kronger, Nolan Carlson, AnaLinda Orlickas and Melody Nilson. Coaches were Dominick Leonardo, Jena Christiansen, Kelci Barnes, Cale Rice and Amanda Thomas.
The team offers a special thanks to Doug’s Sports for its generous donation of garments and gloves for the athletes.
Team results are as follows:
Canon: Super G-7th, slalom-5th, giant slalom-bronze
Bigelow: 50 meter race-silver, 100 meter race-bronze
Mann: Super G-7th, slalom-5th, giant slalom-bronze
Kroner: Super G-5th, slalom-bronze, giant slalom-bronze
Carlson: Super G-6th, slalom-6th, giant slalom-6th
Orlickas: Super G-6th, slalom-6th, giant slalom-4th
Nilson: Super G-silver, slalom-silver, giant slalom-gold
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- How does July 4, 2016, Stack Up?
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge