Friday, March 22, 2013
‘Spring Extravaganza’ at The History Museum
Looking for something exciting to do over spring break? Visit The History Museum’s Exploration Space March 23-April 7.
This hands-on learning space at the museum is always filled with fun activities that teach kids of all ages about history, and the museum is celebrating spring with brand-new activities. Make your own orchard tree, explore the museum through a scavenger hunt, become a junior archaeologist, and much more!
The museum is now open for exploration seven days a week with free admission for museum members and children under 10. For more information, visit co.hood-river.or.us/museum or call 541-386-6772.
Pool offers open swims during spring break
The Aquatic Center will host special open swims over Hood River’s spring break — March 25-29 — from 1-3:30 p.m. The slide, rope swing and zip line will be open, and the party room will be available for rental.
Scavenger Hunt at the Discovery Center
Kids are the focus at the Discovery Center during spring break. Children will have free admission when accompanied by an admission-paying adult ($8 adult, $7 senior) during both Oregon and Washington spring breaks, March 23 through April 7.
From 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily, children can participate in a free scavenger hunt activity in the museum and on the grounds. Three age levels are geared for 3-5-year-olds, 6-10-year-olds and age 11 and up. A certificate of completion will be awarded to each child who finds all the answers — and those who finish in record time will also receive a prize.
Children must be accompanied by an adult for museum admission.
The Discovery Center and is located off I-84 at exit 82, 5000 Discovery Drive, The Dalles. Hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
For more information call 541-296-8600 or visit www.gorgediscovery.org.
More like this story
- Gratitude goes out for acts of help and hospitality
- Hood River Elks Lodge makes donation to Meals on Wheels
- Police Log, Sept. 28 to Oct. 4
- Public Records, Building Permits, County, September 2015
- Upset! HRV takes down The Dalles, clinches first play-in spot since 2012
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 10
- Quick start propels HRV girls soccer to victory over Hermiston
- Water polo teams poised to make runs at the state title
- Port begins lower Hanel mill ground work
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 10
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge