Friday, March 22, 2013
A Spokane, Wash., man was arrested Monday night during an Oregon State Police traffic stop after a trooper allegedly found more than 5 pounds of marijuana and a small amount of cocaine in the man’s car along Interstate 84, 2 miles east of Hood River.
The OSP Drug Enforcement Section is continuing the investigation.
On March 18 at approximately 11:36 p.m., an OSP trooper stopped a 2000 Chevrolet Prizm displaying Washington license plates eastbound on I-84 near milepost 66 for a traffic violation of failure to maintain a lane of travel. The driver was identified as Andrew Michael Shaw, 25, from Spokane.
Subsequent investigation during the traffic stop led the trooper to discover and seize more than 5 pounds of marijuana, three marijuana plants and a small amount of cocaine concealed in the car’s trunk.
Estimated value of the seized marijuana is $12,000.
Shaw was taken into custody and lodged in the Northern Oregon Regional Correctional Facility in The Dalles for unlawful possession, distribution and manufacture of a controlled substance-marijuana, and unlawful possession of a controlled substance-cocaine.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge