Friday, March 22, 2013
A Spokane, Wash., man was arrested Monday night during an Oregon State Police traffic stop after a trooper allegedly found more than 5 pounds of marijuana and a small amount of cocaine in the man’s car along Interstate 84, 2 miles east of Hood River.
The OSP Drug Enforcement Section is continuing the investigation.
On March 18 at approximately 11:36 p.m., an OSP trooper stopped a 2000 Chevrolet Prizm displaying Washington license plates eastbound on I-84 near milepost 66 for a traffic violation of failure to maintain a lane of travel. The driver was identified as Andrew Michael Shaw, 25, from Spokane.
Subsequent investigation during the traffic stop led the trooper to discover and seize more than 5 pounds of marijuana, three marijuana plants and a small amount of cocaine concealed in the car’s trunk.
Estimated value of the seized marijuana is $12,000.
Shaw was taken into custody and lodged in the Northern Oregon Regional Correctional Facility in The Dalles for unlawful possession, distribution and manufacture of a controlled substance-marijuana, and unlawful possession of a controlled substance-cocaine.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge