Friday, March 22, 2013
A Spokane, Wash., man was arrested Monday night during an Oregon State Police traffic stop after a trooper allegedly found more than 5 pounds of marijuana and a small amount of cocaine in the man’s car along Interstate 84, 2 miles east of Hood River.
The OSP Drug Enforcement Section is continuing the investigation.
On March 18 at approximately 11:36 p.m., an OSP trooper stopped a 2000 Chevrolet Prizm displaying Washington license plates eastbound on I-84 near milepost 66 for a traffic violation of failure to maintain a lane of travel. The driver was identified as Andrew Michael Shaw, 25, from Spokane.
Subsequent investigation during the traffic stop led the trooper to discover and seize more than 5 pounds of marijuana, three marijuana plants and a small amount of cocaine concealed in the car’s trunk.
Estimated value of the seized marijuana is $12,000.
Shaw was taken into custody and lodged in the Northern Oregon Regional Correctional Facility in The Dalles for unlawful possession, distribution and manufacture of a controlled substance-marijuana, and unlawful possession of a controlled substance-cocaine.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge