Friday, March 22, 2013
A Spokane, Wash., man was arrested Monday night during an Oregon State Police traffic stop after a trooper allegedly found more than 5 pounds of marijuana and a small amount of cocaine in the man’s car along Interstate 84, 2 miles east of Hood River.
The OSP Drug Enforcement Section is continuing the investigation.
On March 18 at approximately 11:36 p.m., an OSP trooper stopped a 2000 Chevrolet Prizm displaying Washington license plates eastbound on I-84 near milepost 66 for a traffic violation of failure to maintain a lane of travel. The driver was identified as Andrew Michael Shaw, 25, from Spokane.
Subsequent investigation during the traffic stop led the trooper to discover and seize more than 5 pounds of marijuana, three marijuana plants and a small amount of cocaine concealed in the car’s trunk.
Estimated value of the seized marijuana is $12,000.
Shaw was taken into custody and lodged in the Northern Oregon Regional Correctional Facility in The Dalles for unlawful possession, distribution and manufacture of a controlled substance-marijuana, and unlawful possession of a controlled substance-cocaine.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge