Friday, March 22, 2013
Columbia Gorge Winegrowers Celebration hosts its annual Hospice Gala on Saturday, April 6, at 5:30 p.m. at the Best Western Hood River Inn.
The event supports the efforts of Heart of Hospice Foundation.
Attendees will have an opportunity to meet winemakers and winegrowers and discover the variety of wines from the Columbia Gorge. Live and silent auctions are planned.
Tickets are $75 and include wine tasting, dinner and hors d’oeuvres, silent and live auction and live music and dancing.
Tickets are available for purchase by calling 541-490-1320 or visiting GorgeWine.com. Purchase a table of eight seats and get a discounted rate of $575, plus a mention of your name or business in our program.
The event kicks off with a silent auction, while wineries pour samplings of their wares. Dinner follows with a live auction including amazing winemaker dinners, and other wine-themed packages.
Wine bottles will be painted by local Gorge artists and will be available for bidding in the silent auction and throughout dinner.
Each guest will leave with a Columbia Gorge Winery Passport, which is a booklet that looks much like a real passport. Inside are pages from 27 participating wineries with special offers for the weekend of April 12-14.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge