Friday, March 22, 2013
Columbia Gorge Winegrowers Celebration hosts its annual Hospice Gala on Saturday, April 6, at 5:30 p.m. at the Best Western Hood River Inn.
The event supports the efforts of Heart of Hospice Foundation.
Attendees will have an opportunity to meet winemakers and winegrowers and discover the variety of wines from the Columbia Gorge. Live and silent auctions are planned.
Tickets are $75 and include wine tasting, dinner and hors d’oeuvres, silent and live auction and live music and dancing.
Tickets are available for purchase by calling 541-490-1320 or visiting GorgeWine.com. Purchase a table of eight seats and get a discounted rate of $575, plus a mention of your name or business in our program.
The event kicks off with a silent auction, while wineries pour samplings of their wares. Dinner follows with a live auction including amazing winemaker dinners, and other wine-themed packages.
Wine bottles will be painted by local Gorge artists and will be available for bidding in the silent auction and throughout dinner.
Each guest will leave with a Columbia Gorge Winery Passport, which is a booklet that looks much like a real passport. Inside are pages from 27 participating wineries with special offers for the weekend of April 12-14.
More like this story
- Marimba ‘Mid Winter Party’
- YESTERYEARS: School District No. 3 projects new high school on May Street in 1926
- Are You Ready? Survival 101
- Lyle School celebrates standout science student
- Jim Drake’s Entertainment Blog: Imagining a world with no winners and no losers
- The Ale List: Sense of Place lecture focuses on ‘hoppy history’
- Free tax help through April in HR and TD
- Sheriff Log, Jan. 24 to 31
- Police Log, Jan. 25 to 31
- Public Records: Building permits, city, January 2016