Tuesday, March 26, 2013
The sun is coming out, flowers are blossoming and the Gorge is getting ready for springtime. On Saturday, April 20, Gorge Owned Business Network is putting together an Earth Day party from 6 to 10 p.m. at the Springhouse Cellar Winery located at 13 Railroad St., Hood River.
The party will include talks from local investors such as Seth Tibbot of Turtle Island Foods, and Scott Sorenson of Common Energy and many more, along with the presentation of the third-annual Tod LeFevre Gorge Sustainability Awards.
You can nominate an individual or organization online at gorgeowned.org where Gorge Owned can get the word out about an Earth Day event you plan to host; which will be added to the Gorge Earth Day lineup.
Become an Earth day sponsor by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entertainment will provide a “fresh and furious bluegrass” performance by the band The Student Loan. Pizza will be provided by Solstice Wood Fired Café’s mobile pizza oven, along with Springhouse wine, and beer by Pfriem. For admission there is a suggested $10 donation.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge