Tuesday, March 26, 2013
The sun is coming out, flowers are blossoming and the Gorge is getting ready for springtime. On Saturday, April 20, Gorge Owned Business Network is putting together an Earth Day party from 6 to 10 p.m. at the Springhouse Cellar Winery located at 13 Railroad St., Hood River.
The party will include talks from local investors such as Seth Tibbot of Turtle Island Foods, and Scott Sorenson of Common Energy and many more, along with the presentation of the third-annual Tod LeFevre Gorge Sustainability Awards.
You can nominate an individual or organization online at gorgeowned.org where Gorge Owned can get the word out about an Earth Day event you plan to host; which will be added to the Gorge Earth Day lineup.
Become an Earth day sponsor by emailing email@example.com.
Entertainment will provide a “fresh and furious bluegrass” performance by the band The Student Loan. Pizza will be provided by Solstice Wood Fired Café’s mobile pizza oven, along with Springhouse wine, and beer by Pfriem. For admission there is a suggested $10 donation.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge