Tuesday, March 26, 2013
The sun is coming out, flowers are blossoming and the Gorge is getting ready for springtime. On Saturday, April 20, Gorge Owned Business Network is putting together an Earth Day party from 6 to 10 p.m. at the Springhouse Cellar Winery located at 13 Railroad St., Hood River.
The party will include talks from local investors such as Seth Tibbot of Turtle Island Foods, and Scott Sorenson of Common Energy and many more, along with the presentation of the third-annual Tod LeFevre Gorge Sustainability Awards.
You can nominate an individual or organization online at gorgeowned.org where Gorge Owned can get the word out about an Earth Day event you plan to host; which will be added to the Gorge Earth Day lineup.
Become an Earth day sponsor by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entertainment will provide a “fresh and furious bluegrass” performance by the band The Student Loan. Pizza will be provided by Solstice Wood Fired Café’s mobile pizza oven, along with Springhouse wine, and beer by Pfriem. For admission there is a suggested $10 donation.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Students from Hood River selected for China trip
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge