Tuesday, March 26, 2013
The sun is coming out, flowers are blossoming and the Gorge is getting ready for springtime. On Saturday, April 20, Gorge Owned Business Network is putting together an Earth Day party from 6 to 10 p.m. at the Springhouse Cellar Winery located at 13 Railroad St., Hood River.
The party will include talks from local investors such as Seth Tibbot of Turtle Island Foods, and Scott Sorenson of Common Energy and many more, along with the presentation of the third-annual Tod LeFevre Gorge Sustainability Awards.
You can nominate an individual or organization online at gorgeowned.org where Gorge Owned can get the word out about an Earth Day event you plan to host; which will be added to the Gorge Earth Day lineup.
Become an Earth day sponsor by emailing email@example.com.
Entertainment will provide a “fresh and furious bluegrass” performance by the band The Student Loan. Pizza will be provided by Solstice Wood Fired Café’s mobile pizza oven, along with Springhouse wine, and beer by Pfriem. For admission there is a suggested $10 donation.
More like this story
- Service announcement for Nov. 25
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge