Friday, March 29, 2013
THE DALLES — The Cherry Blossom Fitness Festival held in The Dalles returns April 14 for the second year, offering a fun filled event for all ages and abilities.
The fitness festival will start off with a 5K run/30K bike/5K run duathlon that takes competitors through the scenic Columbia River Gorge.
The run will be an out-and-back course on the River Front Trail. Starting at the Discovery Center runners will head east out to the Taylor Lakes region. Upon their return runners will transition onto bikes and head west on the scenic Gorge Highway to the legendary Rowena Lookout, where they will turn around and return back to the Discovery Center and retrace the run course for a second time.
The half marathon run will start following the duathlon and take competitors out this river trail along the Columbia River with the turnaround at the marina. Amazing views of the Gorge and tremendous aid stations will keep runners fueled and moving. There is a relay team category and walk option for the half marathon.
For event information and registration please see: www.cherryblossomfitnessfestival.com.
Sponsors are Water’s Edge Health and Wellness Center, Cousins County Inn, Bicoastal Media and Sunshine Mill Winery.
More like this story
- Service announcements for July 22:
- YESTERYEARS: New Safeway store on Second and Cascade expected in 1947
- Pritchett, Haskins to wed
- Roots and Branches: Cherry Harvest
- Pick of the Week: Children’s Park public meeting July 20
- Travelogue: Panama
- Another Voice: Juntos program ‘critical to success of students in their education’
- Editor's Notebook: By George, one’s own name is a basic sweet spot in your sense of identity
- Letters to the Editor for July 19
- Another Voice: Preserve our agricultural heritage by making Tanner Ranch a park
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge