Friday, March 29, 2013
THE DALLES — The Cherry Blossom Fitness Festival held in The Dalles returns April 14 for the second year, offering a fun filled event for all ages and abilities.
The fitness festival will start off with a 5K run/30K bike/5K run duathlon that takes competitors through the scenic Columbia River Gorge.
The run will be an out-and-back course on the River Front Trail. Starting at the Discovery Center runners will head east out to the Taylor Lakes region. Upon their return runners will transition onto bikes and head west on the scenic Gorge Highway to the legendary Rowena Lookout, where they will turn around and return back to the Discovery Center and retrace the run course for a second time.
The half marathon run will start following the duathlon and take competitors out this river trail along the Columbia River with the turnaround at the marina. Amazing views of the Gorge and tremendous aid stations will keep runners fueled and moving. There is a relay team category and walk option for the half marathon.
For event information and registration please see: www.cherryblossomfitnessfestival.com.
Sponsors are Water’s Edge Health and Wellness Center, Cousins County Inn, Bicoastal Media and Sunshine Mill Winery.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge