Friday, March 29, 2013
THE DALLES — The Cherry Blossom Fitness Festival held in The Dalles returns April 14 for the second year, offering a fun filled event for all ages and abilities.
The fitness festival will start off with a 5K run/30K bike/5K run duathlon that takes competitors through the scenic Columbia River Gorge.
The run will be an out-and-back course on the River Front Trail. Starting at the Discovery Center runners will head east out to the Taylor Lakes region. Upon their return runners will transition onto bikes and head west on the scenic Gorge Highway to the legendary Rowena Lookout, where they will turn around and return back to the Discovery Center and retrace the run course for a second time.
The half marathon run will start following the duathlon and take competitors out this river trail along the Columbia River with the turnaround at the marina. Amazing views of the Gorge and tremendous aid stations will keep runners fueled and moving. There is a relay team category and walk option for the half marathon.
For event information and registration please see: www.cherryblossomfitnessfestival.com.
Sponsors are Water’s Edge Health and Wellness Center, Cousins County Inn, Bicoastal Media and Sunshine Mill Winery.
More like this story
- Aporkalypse: Bacon contest fattens coffers at Helping Hands
- The Ale List: ‘Zwickelmania’ returns, Full Sail taps Wheatwine
- YESTERYEARS: DaKine, Pro Motion relocating to Hood River in 1986
- Cascade Observations: Sweetness of Winter
- Parenting program starts in Cascade Locks
- Second Saturday will be all about pilots
- Five Gorge wines earn medals
- Revenue steps up fraud, identity theft prevention
- Father of the Bride
- City, county support affordable housing bill