Friday, March 29, 2013
THE DALLES — The Cherry Blossom Fitness Festival held in The Dalles returns April 14 for the second year, offering a fun filled event for all ages and abilities.
The fitness festival will start off with a 5K run/30K bike/5K run duathlon that takes competitors through the scenic Columbia River Gorge.
The run will be an out-and-back course on the River Front Trail. Starting at the Discovery Center runners will head east out to the Taylor Lakes region. Upon their return runners will transition onto bikes and head west on the scenic Gorge Highway to the legendary Rowena Lookout, where they will turn around and return back to the Discovery Center and retrace the run course for a second time.
The half marathon run will start following the duathlon and take competitors out this river trail along the Columbia River with the turnaround at the marina. Amazing views of the Gorge and tremendous aid stations will keep runners fueled and moving. There is a relay team category and walk option for the half marathon.
For event information and registration please see: www.cherryblossomfitnessfestival.com.
Sponsors are Water’s Edge Health and Wellness Center, Cousins County Inn, Bicoastal Media and Sunshine Mill Winery.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge