Friday, March 29, 2013
Marchesi Vineyards of Hood River received Best of Class award for its 2010 Nebbiolo, Bujanen, Columbia Valley, at the San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition.
Vintner Franco Marchesi submitted three wines to the competition, at America’s largest wine judging event.
The San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition received more than 5,400 wine submissions and is considered to be the premier competition in the United States, according to Marchesi.
The winery received Bronze medals for its 2011 Barbera Achille, Columbia Valley and 2009 Pinot Noir Reserve, Columbia Gorge.
This is the second Best of Class award Marchesi Vineyards has received from this competition. The first was its Primitivo Valentino 2009, Columbia Valley.
“The 2013 Best of Class medal for our Nebbiolo 2010 and the Bronze for our Barbera 2010 are the results of the passion we put into our Italian Varietal wines here at Marchesi Vineyards and the awards are the testimony year after year,” Marchesi said.
The Bronze Medal awarded to the 2009 Pinot Noir Reserve, Columbia Gorge is of particular importance, because it is the first major winning by a premium Pinot Noir from the Columbia Gorge, a fairly new AVA, that embraces both the Oregon and Washington sides of the Columbia River where the grapes were grown.
The Gorge Guide Magazine has released the 2012 results of its online voting from both residents and visitors to their website. For the third year in a row Marchesi Vineyards was voted Best of the Gorge.
“We are elated,” Marchesi said.
More like this story
- Cider Central: Cider Café opens, ’Gorge Society’ rebrands
- HR Library hosts Songwriters in the Round Sept. 16
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 5
- Labor Day: Drive with care, and take a moment to honor workers who can’t take a break
- Editor's Notebook: Will guards’ new disdain cancel refugees tickets’ aboard today’s European train?
- Police Log, Aug. 24 to 30
- Building Permits, City, August 2015
- HRV girls soccer looks to continue its winning ways
- Sports Briefs for Sept. 5
- Young team, playoff dreams for HRV volleyball
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge