Friday, March 29, 2013
Taarka is a husband and wife duo that will be performing at the Cebu Lounge in Hood River on April 6, at 9:30 pm.
They are performing from their new CD "Adventures in Vagabondia," a really interesting album that combines bluegrass, gypsy-jazz, and pop music.
Taarka, described by SF Weekly as a "collision of Django Reinhardt and David Grisman," combines gypsy music, folk, bluegrass and a bit of pop to create their unique sound.
Listeners can pick through the musical references or embrace the aural journey; either way, it's always a fantastic show.
Give a listen to "Wandering," and great ready for a great night of music on April 6.
More like this story
- YESTERYEARS: New Safeway store on Second and Cascade expected in 1947
- Pritchett, Haskins to wed
- Roots and Branches: Cherry Harvest
- Pick of the Week: Children’s Park public meeting July 20
- Travelogue: Panama
- Another Voice: Juntos program ‘critical to success of students in their education’
- Editor's Notebook: By George, one’s own name is a basic sweet spot in your sense of identity
- Letters to the Editor for July 19
- Another Voice: Preserve our agricultural heritage by making Tanner Ranch a park
- The comfort of quilts: Comfort Quilt Project underway at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge