Friday, March 29, 2013
Taarka is a husband and wife duo that will be performing at the Cebu Lounge in Hood River on April 6, at 9:30 pm.
They are performing from their new CD "Adventures in Vagabondia," a really interesting album that combines bluegrass, gypsy-jazz, and pop music.
Taarka, described by SF Weekly as a "collision of Django Reinhardt and David Grisman," combines gypsy music, folk, bluegrass and a bit of pop to create their unique sound.
Listeners can pick through the musical references or embrace the aural journey; either way, it's always a fantastic show.
Give a listen to "Wandering," and great ready for a great night of music on April 6.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge