Friday, March 29, 2013
Taarka is a husband and wife duo that will be performing at the Cebu Lounge in Hood River on April 6, at 9:30 pm.
They are performing from their new CD "Adventures in Vagabondia," a really interesting album that combines bluegrass, gypsy-jazz, and pop music.
Taarka, described by SF Weekly as a "collision of Django Reinhardt and David Grisman," combines gypsy music, folk, bluegrass and a bit of pop to create their unique sound.
Listeners can pick through the musical references or embrace the aural journey; either way, it's always a fantastic show.
Give a listen to "Wandering," and great ready for a great night of music on April 6.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge