Friday, March 29, 2013
Taarka is a husband and wife duo that will be performing at the Cebu Lounge in Hood River on April 6, at 9:30 pm.
They are performing from their new CD "Adventures in Vagabondia," a really interesting album that combines bluegrass, gypsy-jazz, and pop music.
Taarka, described by SF Weekly as a "collision of Django Reinhardt and David Grisman," combines gypsy music, folk, bluegrass and a bit of pop to create their unique sound.
Listeners can pick through the musical references or embrace the aural journey; either way, it's always a fantastic show.
Give a listen to "Wandering," and great ready for a great night of music on April 6.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge