Friday, March 29, 2013
Taarka is a husband and wife duo that will be performing at the Cebu Lounge in Hood River on April 6, at 9:30 pm.
They are performing from their new CD "Adventures in Vagabondia," a really interesting album that combines bluegrass, gypsy-jazz, and pop music.
Taarka, described by SF Weekly as a "collision of Django Reinhardt and David Grisman," combines gypsy music, folk, bluegrass and a bit of pop to create their unique sound.
Listeners can pick through the musical references or embrace the aural journey; either way, it's always a fantastic show.
Give a listen to "Wandering," and great ready for a great night of music on April 6.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for May 28
- Mercado del Valle opens June 2 in new location
- Marble and Shepherd are Elks Students of the Month for May
- Riverside UCC votes for fossil fuel divestment
- Sheriff Log, May 15 to 22
- Community Baby Shower June 4
- ‘Air Panther’ goes aloft
- HRV beats OES, Lincoln, to take sailing state championship
- HRV girls lax wins inaugural Navy championship
- HRV baseball routs Eagle Point in Battle of the Eagles, advances to quarterfinal matchup with Ashland
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge