Friday, May 3, 2013
K&E Excavating, the Ken Jernstedt Airfield runway shift contractor, has released its new schedule for resuming construction after the winter shut down.
The project calls for the runway to e closed from May 13 through June 13 and for the project to be substantially complete by June 13.
Prior to May 13 some construction activity will occur at the east end of the runway. However, this will not require the runway to be closed.
The Dalles airport has offered no-cost tie downs during the construction period.
For details call the Port office at 541- 386-1645.
More like this story
- Boys lax suffers significant setback in league opener
- Letters to the Editor for April 30
- No on 14-55: But not a ‘yes’ to Nestlé
- ‘Putting your house in order’ returns May 11
- Police Log, April 12 to 24, part 2 of 2
- Sheriff Log, April 17 to 24
- ‘Music at the Dawn’ brings early 1900s to life
- Entertainment Update for April 30
- GOP governor candidates spar in Hood River
- Late rally falls short in HRV loss to Hermiston
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge