Friday, May 3, 2013
K&E Excavating, the Ken Jernstedt Airfield runway shift contractor, has released its new schedule for resuming construction after the winter shut down.
The project calls for the runway to e closed from May 13 through June 13 and for the project to be substantially complete by June 13.
Prior to May 13 some construction activity will occur at the east end of the runway. However, this will not require the runway to be closed.
The Dalles airport has offered no-cost tie downs during the construction period.
For details call the Port office at 541- 386-1645.
More like this story
- Facing the Big One: Public learns about Cascadia quake at open house
- ‘Kindergarten Roundup’ May 1-5 for Hood River County School District
- Students ‘Make a Difference’
- Pick of the Week: Lions Follies benefit Oregon Sight and Hearing Foundation
- Farming film screening and discussion happen April 27
- Rotary Peace Pole
- YESTERYEARS: ‘Lure of Hood River Valley’ booklet available in 1927
- Letters to the Editor for April 26
- See Follies: Four strong reasons to attend a classic community event
- Entertainment Update for April 26
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge