Friday, May 3, 2013
Hood River Valley High School Senior Courtney Erikson is calling on her JV and varsity teammates and the whole community of Hood River to help meet an important personal goal.
Erikson has Cystic Fibrosis and she wants to help find a cure. She’s asking for local support this weekend during the ASA softball tournament to be held at Westside Elementary School, between noon and 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
“May is Cystic Fibrosis month and purple is our color for raising awareness. I’d love to see a lot of purple out there during the games,” added Erikson, who will be sporting her own special shirt along with the teams’. Emblazoned on the front: “Hope – It’s powerful, It’s Real, It’s all we’ve got. Cure Cystic Fibrosis.” And on the back: “Team Courtney.”
Anyone wishing to help Erikson with the team fundraiser may drop off recylable cans at the concession stand both days, from noon to 4 p.m. Adults wearing the “Team Courtney” T-shirts will also be collecing cash or checks made out to Cystic Fibrosis Foundation along the sidelines. For those who can’t attend, donations may be mailed to: Courtney Erikson 5676 Trout Creek Ridge Drive, Parkdale, OR 97041 or email her for info at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 16
- Gorge Happiness Month: Mandy Kurfurst uses ‘The Daily Three’ to center herself
- Police Log, Nov. 27 to Dec. 10
- ‘Operation Christmas Child’ sets collection record for 2017 campaign
- FutureBus visits Cascade Locks Elementary
- History Museum of Hood River County hosts open house Saturday
- Pet of the Week: Gus the Yorkie is ‘sweetest in town’
- Kegler's Corner: Rod Pratt Bowls Bigly
- ‘Loving Vincent’ Dec. 20 at CCA
- How to help during the holidays