Friday, May 3, 2013
Hood River Valley High School Senior Courtney Erikson is calling on her JV and varsity teammates and the whole community of Hood River to help meet an important personal goal.
Erikson has Cystic Fibrosis and she wants to help find a cure. She’s asking for local support this weekend during the ASA softball tournament to be held at Westside Elementary School, between noon and 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
“May is Cystic Fibrosis month and purple is our color for raising awareness. I’d love to see a lot of purple out there during the games,” added Erikson, who will be sporting her own special shirt along with the teams’. Emblazoned on the front: “Hope – It’s powerful, It’s Real, It’s all we’ve got. Cure Cystic Fibrosis.” And on the back: “Team Courtney.”
Anyone wishing to help Erikson with the team fundraiser may drop off recylable cans at the concession stand both days, from noon to 4 p.m. Adults wearing the “Team Courtney” T-shirts will also be collecing cash or checks made out to Cystic Fibrosis Foundation along the sidelines. For those who can’t attend, donations may be mailed to: Courtney Erikson 5676 Trout Creek Ridge Drive, Parkdale, OR 97041 or email her for info at email@example.com.
More like this story
- Motorcyclist killed in spilled lumber crash
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- Shoreline trail widened under HR Bridge
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge