Friday, May 3, 2013
The Hood River County School District will hold their annual “Kindergarten Roundup” during the week of May 6 - 10, 2013. This is the time for parents to register their children entering kindergarten for the 2013-2014 school year.
Students must be five years old on or before September 1st to meet the age requirement for entry into kindergarten.
Parents need to bring the following to registration: Legal birth certificate; complete immunization records and proof of address.
Oregon law requires certain immunizations must be in place for a child entering kindergarten.
These vaccinations may be obtained from your family doctor, local county health department, or health screening clinic. The complete series of shots include:
n Five (DTaP) Diphtheria/Tentanus/Pertussis
n One Varicella (chickenpox) unless child has had disease
n Two Measles
n One Rubella
n Three Hepatitis B
n Two Hepatitis A
Parents are to register their children at their local school on the following dates and times:
Cascade Locks: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
May Street Elementary: Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
Mid Valley Elementary Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
Parkdale Elementary: Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-3 p.m.
Westside Elementary: Monday–Friday, 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m. plus an additional open house information session will be offered on Monday, May 6, 6-7p.m.
More like this story
- Death notices for Oct. 22: Ellyn Kane, George Kimball, Kenneth Leibham and Barbara Pink
- Service Announcements for Oct. 22: Louise Neitch and Betty Johnson
- Yesteryears: Cooper’s Spur Road completed in 1926
- ‘Age of Dignity’ discussion series starts Oct. 22
- Advocacy Center holds fundraiser Oct. 22
- Roots and Branches: Find and use your tools
- Columbia Gorge Peace Village hosts film
- WS Library holds ‘Boys in the Boat’ talk Oct. 22
- Gorge receives national honor this weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 19
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge