Friday, May 3, 2013
The Hood River County School District will hold their annual “Kindergarten Roundup” during the week of May 6 - 10, 2013. This is the time for parents to register their children entering kindergarten for the 2013-2014 school year.
Students must be five years old on or before September 1st to meet the age requirement for entry into kindergarten.
Parents need to bring the following to registration: Legal birth certificate; complete immunization records and proof of address.
Oregon law requires certain immunizations must be in place for a child entering kindergarten.
These vaccinations may be obtained from your family doctor, local county health department, or health screening clinic. The complete series of shots include:
n Five (DTaP) Diphtheria/Tentanus/Pertussis
n One Varicella (chickenpox) unless child has had disease
n Two Measles
n One Rubella
n Three Hepatitis B
n Two Hepatitis A
Parents are to register their children at their local school on the following dates and times:
Cascade Locks: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
May Street Elementary: Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
Mid Valley Elementary Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
Parkdale Elementary: Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-3 p.m.
Westside Elementary: Monday–Friday, 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m. plus an additional open house information session will be offered on Monday, May 6, 6-7p.m.
More like this story
- Gorge quilters featured in area shows this summer and fall
- Entertainment Update for July 30
- ‘American Pickers’ seeks local troves
- Richard Tillinghast concert at library Aug 10
- Gorge Soup art grant applications due Aug. 20
- Elections 2016: Gudman talks state treasurer bid during Hood River visit
- Ways of the Wind: July weather a windfall
- ‘Officer Friendly’ Sergeant Jesse Flem retires after 30 years
- Summer construction closes roads in Mount Hood National Forest
- Chief Wells resigns from Fire Dept.
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge